othere ways of getting first responder

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Because EMR is so difficult. You do realize being a Rescue Technician is no cake walk and requires constant training? It's typically a very paramilitary structure (read: don't put up with bull:censored::censored::censored::censored:, you do as you're told) as it's part of the fire service.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
:nosoupfortroll:

please

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
:nosoupfortroll:

please

Yep. Troll or ignorant I have standards for who works with me or for me. "What's easier?" "How do I cut corners?" "Do I have to be able to speak, write, or form a coherent sentence?" Forget EMS/Rescue. Ever consider running for Gov of Texas?

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Yep. Troll or ignorant I have standards for who works with me or for me. "What's easier?" "How do I cut corners?" "Do I have to be able to speak, write, or form a coherent sentence?" Forget EMS/Rescue. Ever consider running for Gov of Texas?

I think it goes deeper than that.

The story starts with kicked out.

So either it was a singular event that was so serious as to warrent an expulsion. (At that level, probably a criminal action)

or

It was a culmination of improper behavior(more likely)

But the base of the argument is:

Since I can't be an EMT (for whatever reason) is it easier to be in a fire/rescue capacity, it looks suspiciously like either a fire vs. EMS or volunteer vs paid thread in the making.

The question is also absolutely outrageous. In what other area would somebody who fails to complete a program be given credit for another?

It is unheard of.

After several requests to improve the quality of post, still nothing changed.

Conclusion; no sincere person could be so ignorant. It must be willful if not outright malicious.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I think it goes deeper than that.

The story starts with kicked out.

So either it was a singular event that was so serious as to warrent an expulsion. (At that level, probably a criminal action)

or

It was a culmination of improper behavior(more likely)

But the base of the argument is:

Since I can't be an EMT (for whatever reason) is it easier to be in a fire/rescue capacity, it looks suspiciously like either a fire vs. EMS or volunteer vs paid thread in the making.

The question is also absolutely outrageous. In what other area would somebody who fails to complete a program be given credit for another?

It is unheard of.

After several requests to improve the quality of post, still nothing changed.

Conclusion; no sincere person could be so ignorant. It must be willful if not outright malicious.

Thinking same things but no energy to write it out. That kind of thinking from any one working for me or wanting to would get you smacked...

Last edited by a moderator:

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Is English your primary language? If so you may want to concentrate on graduating high school first.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Okay, that's enough of the grammar policing. Let's get this back on topic, please.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Okay, that's enough of the grammar policing. Let's get this back on topic, please.

Absolutely... On that topic... ffemt, could you help me...

What is the topic??? :rofl:

hogwiley

Forum Captain
I'm sure were all wondering what exactly you did to get yourself kicked out of EMT school and even banned for a year?

Also, you seem to be having difficulty making yourself understood in this thread, which doesnt bode well for a career in EMS given the documentation and communication skills necessary for the job. If English is your second language, I guess there is hope of improvement, otherwise this would be an issue.

pa132399

Forum Crew Member
Ok so after deciphering this thread and trying to figure out wth you are trying to get across I've come up with this.

It's highly unlikely that you can transfer your credits from emt school to a first responder / emr class.

If you were asking if you could get your first responder and then fly as in Medevac type flying. No only way you could ever fly would be if the HEMS programs near you have a fly-along type program which lets you do exactly as it says fly with the crew no pt contact and you just stay out of there way. The minimum requirement to fly in PA is a Paramedic. Which if you had trouble in EMT class would be an absolute struggle as it is 5 times the class time and also a whole lot more clinical experience if your emt program even had ambulance time i know that mine did not.

Also you should work on your grammar so you don't look like a bumbling idiot. I know mines not perfect but you think before you spew out letters.

And to the topic of vehicle rescue. It's an art that you have to master just the same as anything else you have to listen to the instructor or you wont make it through that. To be certified in vehicle rescue in PA it requires you do the course and then there is a certification test issued by the DOH which includes medical questions.

And if you where banned from class why? I agree with everyone else on here who is asking the same question.

And finally i would like to let you know that I am not here to put you down as I am also young and I know where you are at but you need to take your time relax and figure out what you want to do and aim for it. Im now in paramedic school and can't wait to be done because it is what i want to do and i have my mind set on the end goal so you put up with the bull and you bite your tounge and make it through so on that note good luck

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Since i did not complete my emt course and was banned for 1 year acting like an ***. It was during emt school. so i throught could I do first respawder and just take the test and not the course. Is there away to transfer my emt credits to Emt-D. could I do this online or would i have go back to the a real place. It's nj.
Maybe you shouldn't act like an *** in class?

no, you can't do first responder and then take the EMT test, without completing the EMT class. it doesn't work that way, and if someone said you could, well, they were wrong.

you can't transfer EMT credits to EMT-D. not in NJ, not in any other neighboring state. You can't do EMT class online, you need to go to a real class in NJ.
I have no choice the person said to do emt again I must redo first responder than I can do emt.
ok, as I told you in the other thread this is not accurate. There is no state requirement that says you must complete first responder so you can complete EMT.
I do not want do the course but, I will if there is no choice but, I rather take the test get my state id and leave.
if you want to become an EMT, you will need to complete the course. if you can't complete the course (for whatever reason) you cannot take the test to get your state ID.
doesn't the cool states like Texas allow you to take EMR test than fly. I wounder if jersey does.
NJ does not allow you to do that. I am not sure what exactly you want to do, but I can tell you with near certainty that NJ does not allow you to do it.
screw the title!!!!!!!!!!

I used go on call till I was kicked out from emt school. I was good with people. But, what upsets me the most is that I was kicked on the last day. I may just go rescue instead I heard that was easier just have wait one year till I am 18
The full rescue tech course is 120 hours. it's as hard as EMT. wait till you are 18, you might be mature enough to complete the course. btw, if you act like an *** in EMT, and continue to act like an *** in rescue class, I can assure you that you will still be kicked out. Rescue class is more strict, since there are safety factors at play.

I think I got it all deciphered.

Bottom line: grow up. give yourself a few years, mature a little, finish high school, maybe go to college. get a job, stop acting like an *** in class. stop trying to take shortcuts. once you have matured a little, you won't have a problem with the class.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
Moreover, New Jersey does not have a First Responder certification level at the moment for you to take.

Wait a little while. Get more mature. Then go back and take the EMT course a second time. You won't be the first or last person to repeat the course. Of course, it will be longer now, with the new standards. But that's not a bad thing.

There is no way around it, no shortcut. Sorry.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Dude stay far away from EMS. From your posts you aren't in it for the right reasons.

It's kids like you that give our generation a bad rap. I hate to be "that guy" but it's true. You aren't entitled to anything, despite what you may think.

Put in the time and effort and do it right. If you don't you're doing your patients a disservice.

If you can't play nice in school how can you expect to play nice with a partner that you don't get along with?

I try not to talk about grammar either however if you wrote chart how you write on here any QA/QI department will tear you to shreds for it.

Like others said in here and like I said in the other thread, give it a couple years stop trying to grow up so fast you have plenty of time ahead of you.

Also, from the sounds of it no one will hire you with the attitude you have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
pa132399... DrParasite... NVRob...

Was holding myself back... thanx for saying what I was thinking...

OP, what they said ^

roninwarrior

Forum Crew Member
Yeah... um, wow. The deeper I got into this thread the more absurd it got.

Like the others said, don't look for shortcuts or what's "easier." Clean yourself up and focus. There is NO good reason for getting kicked out of class.

/Sorry for feeding troll