OT: Need input from motorcycle riders

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
I will admit some culpability in that I did not specifically call out that I was referring to street gear, while giving advice to someone about street gear.

Also, the whole up shot of my wall of text is that neither is clearly superior to the other. But if that is the way you want to interpret it, you go on with your bad self.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Why you insist on trying to make an argument to disprove something so clear cut is beyond me.

I'm not making this into an argument. I simply asked if you had evidence to support your strong opinion (apparently you don't), and I'm not sure why that got your panties all bunched up and resulted in snarky replies.

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
and I'm not sure why that got your panties all bunched up and resulted in snarky replies.

Because it's a ridiculous argument. I do not care what people wear. Wear a thong while you ride a motorcycle. It doesn't bother me.

Last edited by a moderator:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Because it's a ridiculous argument. I do not care what people wear. Wear a thong while you ride a motorcycle. It doesn't bother me.
It'd bother me if it was a guy, :unsure:

To the the actual thread, I'm interested in stats on this now. I haven't been able to find any at all. If any can find some that are actually relevant, it'd be appreciated :)

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
To the the actual thread, I'm interested in stats on this now. I haven't been able to find any at all. If any can find some that are actually relevant, it'd be appreciated :)

I'm into the final prep work for a working vacation right now (10 hour 'til takeoff!), but if I have some lying around in the hammock time while I'm down there with nothing better to do, I'll see if I can't put together the reference material for you.

OP
OP
RebelAngel

RebelAngel

White Cloud
My update:

I ended up wearing a canvasy type Old Navy jacket with lining in it that I found at the thrift store for $3.00 (!!!), skinny jeans, the most motorcycle chick-ish shirt I had, and slouchy black knee high boots.

There were people in all sorts of gear, some die-hard looking types in their leather chaps and vests with their long beards, others in the more expensive Kevlar looking outfits, the guy with the nicest paint/vinyl job wore khaki colored cargo pants and no-name athletic shoes, there was even a chick wearing itty bitty jean shorts with a camisole and lace racer tank over the cami and some weird type of brown boot that went up to her knee, almost like a muck boot. Someone asked where her britches were and she responded that she had chaps in case it rained. Haha

We didn't crash, my butt didn't go numb, and it was a lot of fun! My boyfriend agreed we would do it again.

The President of the organization that hosted it told us to keep tight together because last year during some places the tribute riders were spread out 10 miles long. My boyfriend guessed there were at least 200 bikes there this year, but no real county for participants that I have seen.

I'll post the few pictures I took in a second.

OP
OP
RebelAngel

RebelAngel

White Cloud
We got there earlier rather than later. The bikes went over quite a few more rows by the time we pulled out. That's my BF with the leather jacket with the stripes down the arm, in the Steelers hat, stuffing his face with a pastry, haha.
IMG_20140726_091429705_zpsf449351a.jpg

Flags on the bike of one of the bikes
IMG_20140726_095427980_zps2c9f853c.jpg

I took a picture while riding, as you can see we were going slower, that's why I snapped it
IMG_20140726_130132541_zps5f913760.jpg

Music at the American Legion the tribute rode to. They had Jack and Cokes for $2.50! I liked the band a lot too.
IMG_20140726_151113330_HDR_zpscbda1575.jpg