Orgasmic Research

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
article

COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Women may be able to fool their partners by faking an orgasm but a brain scanner will catch them out every time, a conference heard Monday.

Researchers at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands have used scans to show that different areas of the brain are stimulated during an orgasm but are not activated when a woman fakes it.

"Women can imitate orgasm quite well," Gert Holstege told a fertility meeting Monday. "But there is nothing really happening in the brain."

He and colleagues took brain scans of 13 women and 11 men, aged 19-49 who had volunteered for the study, while they were being sexually stimulated by their partner and during an orgasm and compared them to images of their brains at rest.

"We wanted to know what the brain was doing during orgasm," Holstege said.

When women genuinely achieved an orgasm, areas of the brain involved in fear and emotion were deactivated. Those areas stayed alert however when women were faking it.

The researchers also found that the cortex, which is linked with consciousness, is active during a fake orgasm but not during the real thing.

"The deactivation of these very important parts of the brain might be the most important thing necessary to have an orgasm," said Holstege.

"It means that if you are fearful or at a very high level of anxiety, then it is very difficult to have sex because you really have to let yourself go," he added.

The brain scans for men during orgasm were less conclusive, according to Holstege.

But they did show that different parts of the male and female brain are activated and deactivated during sexual stimulation.

The researchers found less deactivation in the males in the areas of the brain linked to emotion and fear when they were sexually stimulated.

They are now planning further studies to compared the male and female brains during orgasm.

About 5,300 delegates are attending the 4-day meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology.

i wonder if our tax dollars are paying for this one ? :rolleyes:
female.gif

~S~

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
ROFLMAO - the graphic is too much..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Stevo@Jun 20 2005, 07:54 PM
"Women can imitate orgasm quite well," Gert Holstege told a fertility meeting Monday. "But there is nothing really happening in the brain."
That's sig worthy right there. :p

traumagirl1029

Forum Crew Member
LOL i think we all would....::Shudder:: could you imagine the turn out if they opened it up to Americans? :rolleyes:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by traumagirl1029@Jun 20 2005, 09:23 PM
LOL i think we all would....::Shudder:: could you imagine the turn out if they opened it up to Americans? :rolleyes:
We'd have to hang closed signs at all the borders.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Stevo@Jun 20 2005, 06:54 PM
When women genuinely achieved an orgasm, areas of the brain involved in fear and emotion were deactivated. Those areas stayed alert however when women were faking it.

SO....for you boys/guys/men/Jon that would really love to have a girl for a no strings, emotionless good time...you should make sure she reaches the Big O! everytime, and if she does get all attached, its probably because she was faking it :D :lol: :p

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by PArescueEMT+Jun 21 2005, 08:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PArescueEMT @ Jun 21 2005, 08:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EMTPrincess@Jun 21 2005, 08:29 AM

SO....for you boys/guys/men/Jon
Ouch... Zing... that would be 1 for the princess.... [/b][/quote]
Like I said in a prior post, women always seem to get the upper hand..........maybe because they are relentless and always get in the last word. As far as the big O.....well......I guess i'll stop now before I get buried. :ph34r:

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by EMTPrincess+Jun 21 2005, 08:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EMTPrincess @ Jun 21 2005, 08:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Stevo@Jun 20 2005, 06:54 PM

SO....for you boys/guys/men/Jon that would really love to have a girl for a no strings, emotionless good time...you should make sure she reaches the Big O! everytime, and if she does get all attached, its probably because she was faking it :D :lol: :p [/b][/quote]

PS: Is EMTPrincess ATTACHED and in a LASTING/EMOTIONAL relationship? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
NO! NO lasting emotitonal relationships here!!! :p :D :lol: :p :D :lol:

Hmmm...maybe I am missing something :(

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Jun 21 2005, 11:01 AM
NO! NO lasting emotitonal relationships here!!! :p :D :lol: :p :D :lol:

Hmmm...maybe I am missing something :(
If it's not lasting then, maybe your doing it right. ;)

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
LOL...Perhaps...I will keep it up just as it has been...

Me....

Myself.....

and .....

My Toys........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vtemti

Forum Captain
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Jun 21 2005, 11:10 AM
LOL...Perhaps...I will keep it up just as it has been...

Me....

Myself.....

and .....

My Toys........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ya see, LOOOOOOOONG Lasting!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
YEP, I prefer Energizer Batteries!!! :lol: :p :lol: :p :lol: :p :lol:

vtemti

Forum Captain
Rechargable or multipaks?

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Multipaks. Although I should switch to rechargable....

Cheaper that way :p :p

vtemti

Forum Captain
My camera takes rechargable. Could I send it to you? :D :p :lol: