OH EMS Jobs

jjjemt827

Forum Ride Along
Everything I've found on here so far is about jobs or opportunities in California. I live in Ohio, specifically Cleveland, and the jobs for basics are so scarce it's scary. Does anyone have any advice? I don't wish to name the companies I've applied to, but I'm a brand new basic with no experience in the field. I'm only 20 so I have little overall job experience as well. I've had one interview so far and I'm supposed to get a second call back shortly. I've also had a drug test and background check for this company, so I'm fairly confident, but I'm still nervous...

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Everything I've found on here so far is about jobs or opportunities in California. I live in Ohio, specifically Cleveland, and the jobs for basics are so scarce it's scary. Does anyone have any advice? I don't wish to name the companies I've applied to, but I'm a brand new basic with no experience in the field. I'm only 20 so I have little overall job experience as well. I've had one interview so far and I'm supposed to get a second call back shortly. I've also had a drug test and background check for this company, so I'm fairly confident, but I'm still nervous...

Go to paramedic school, I suggest CCF or Tri-c

OP
OP
J

jjjemt827

Forum Ride Along
I plan on going to medic school. I just finished the basic program last semester and the next time the classes are offered is in the fall, which is when I'm scheduled to start the sequence. I'm just looking to gain some experience for right now because anything is better than nothing...

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Where are you going to medic school?

For good experience, try to get hired at cedar point.

OP
OP
J

jjjemt827

Forum Ride Along
Tri-C... Really? I didn't realize cedar point gave you that much experience. I'll look into it ^_^

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Tri-C... Really? I didn't realize cedar point gave you that much experience. I'll look into it ^_^

Main campus with Kevin Barnard?

you are not going to able to replicate the experience CP will give you as a basic anywhere else.

Treat and release, work with nurses and medics, emergency response in a population of 30K+ population on a given day, industrial safety and medicine, OTC dispensing, and medical care of 3K+ onsite employees.

When you strip away the showmanship, CP is a ahletic event (4 miles around the park) of elderly, peds, and weekend warriors surrounded by water, malnurishment, heat, concrete, industrial machines, and a community of students that party hard every night before running the whole place the next day.

Many of Cleveland's suburbs cannot match its call volume or diversity.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

jjjemt827

Forum Ride Along
Yeah, exactly! It seems like he knows everyone lol...And that definitely puts things into perspective. If this job falls through, I'll apply. I'm hoping everything works out though because the hiring process is sooo long

OP
OP
J

jjjemt827

Forum Ride Along
wow. that was intense. i don't plan on leaving anytime soon though. i was born and raised here; my family is here. i just wanted to inform you all that i got the job! thanks for the concern and i'm sure i'll see ya'll in other threads sometime soon :cool:

gamma

Forum Probie
Get your medic card and get the hell out of ohio.

WTF !!!!! that's bad advice , I jus started with a company In columbus but they are looking for people all over the state .Community Ems / Med care they also own Med flight . Plenty of opportunity for you starting out ...