nremt practicals test

feldy

Forum Captain
im taking the practical test on friday...any last minute advice or hints?

Rykielz

Forum Lieutenant
I found the practical exam to be fairly straightforward based on the sheets. Just memorize them frontwards and backwards, especially the fail points. On your 2 orals, write down every acronym you know, organize it into a thorough assessment, and memorize it before you go to the testing. As far as dynamic cardio and static cardio go...they're pretty straightforward. Good luck!

OP
OP
F

feldy

Forum Captain
okay thanks...im actually taking the basic NREMT-B...reciprocity from MA EMT-B

Rykielz

Forum Lieutenant
Oops my bad. That one is all off the sheets. If you know it you should have no problems.

joeshmoe

Forum Lieutenant
Obviously memorize the skill sheets from start to finish, and practice.

Before you begin a station, ask to check your equipment and make sure you're familiar with everything...in the unlikely event theres something they are using that you're not familiar with, for instance spider straps for a spine board, make sure you tell the person testing you this BEFORE you begin.

Go to youtube and do a search for DCMT....that will give you examples of each station that are pretty well done.

Also, it will probably help to verbalize everything you're doing to the person grading you, even in stations like spinal immobilzation or traction splinting.

Good luck and don't sweat it.

joeshmoe

Forum Lieutenant
congragulations.

I'm curious, were you tested on the combitube? We were tested on it but it seems some people arent.

OP
OP
F

feldy

Forum Captain
yes it was. In louisiana, combitube is a required skilled, which until today (the day of my test) i had never done before since in MA (where im from) it is not in the protocols for a basic. But it wasnt hard at all and i was walked through it by a medic earlier this week. I just followed the sheet verbatem and it wasnt a problem...the hardest part was since i was one of the last to go, the whole tube and both syringes were drenched in the water solulbe lubrication that you could barely hold on to them. Im not sure if it required by NR yet...but it maybe one of the RANDOM skills