NREMT expiration while deployed...

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
My NREMT-B certification expired while I was serving in Afghanistan this year, I have already tried calling them, but I was on hold for about two hours... I am curious if anyone has dealt with this, I have read a few things here and there saying that I have to produce military orders, which will not be a problem, but am unaware of whom I need to send these documents to specifically. Also will they give me time to get my training done? I am in the Navy stationed in Okinawa, Japan and its hard to get authorized for the required training in order to obtain recertification.

Thank you.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Check the time diff I think NREMT is on CST time. I remember calling them from DNS lines over there and the time difference was my issue. You can also send an email or fax. Phone: (614) 888-4484 Fax: (614) 888-8920 E-mail: webmaster@nremt.org or try this one heidi@nremt.org Heidi is who sends the news letters but If all else fails maybe that person can help put you in touch with someone.

Good luck doc!
PS: here is another email addy I got from them when I ordered a patch. materials@nremt.org

Last edited by a moderator:

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
My NREMT-B certification expired while I was serving in Afghanistan this year, I have already tried calling them, but I was on hold for about two hours... I am curious if anyone has dealt with this, I have read a few things here and there saying that I have to produce military orders, which will not be a problem, but am unaware of whom I need to send these documents to specifically. Also will they give me time to get my training done? I am in the Navy stationed in Okinawa, Japan and its hard to get authorized for the required training in order to obtain recertification.

Thank you.

how long has it been since you got back? My brother in law is an HM3 and I know they gave him an extension, I believe of a few months.

OP
OP
HNcorpsman

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
I was deployed from SEP2009-MAY2009, I was in Japan for a little while and now I am on leave in Tucson, AZ... I finally got through to the call centers, and they gave me a number to an HM1 that deals with specific problem, although she has not returned my calls, with my luck she is on leave as well...