NREMT-Basic and State of Ohio

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone familiar with how long it will take to get my State of Ohio card after I get my NREMT card? I got my National card last week. I have to have both my National and State card to go do my protocol testing. Thanks for responding.

sweetpete

Forum Lieutenant
I seem to remember it taking about 6 weeks, but that was a long time ago. It might be quicker now.

Take care,
Pete

OP
OP
D

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks. I seem to have it tracked down now. Director of the school submitted the results via snail mail rather than email. I talked with someone at State today and they received the results yesterday. Should be up on the site soon and will have my cards sometime next week.

Now to get the cards, do protocol test and I'm official.

Time to get the application ready for paramedic this fall. :cool:

OP
OP
D

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
<sigh> still waiting....I guess a watched pot never boils. Still waiting for my cards so I go test on protocol with local hospital.

G00CH 53

Forum Probie
I would try to get at least a year as a basic under your belt. A guy from our medic class had just passed his basic when he jumped into our medic program when it started in september. I mean he literally had his basic card for maybe 3 months? He has struggled the whole way through. BUT...he did pass the finals and everything so far...

Just some advice! If you feel confident, though, buckle down and get after it!

OP
OP
D

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
I would try to get at least a year as a basic under your belt. Just some advice! If you feel confident, though, buckle down and get after it!

Thanks for the advice. Normally, if I was new, I would get a year's worth of basic.....but a little about me.....I ran for three years as a basic in Virginia Beach as a volunteer, and spent thirteen years in the Navy, ending with being an Independent Duty Corpsman on a ship.

Although I know it won't be easy (paramedic school), I feel that I have a good base of understanding. I know it will be a challenge, but feel that I'm ready for it.