NREMT 3rd try

brown_emt1011

Forum Probie
took the nremt test for the 3rd time and failed once again...does anyone know any good refresher course that are out there that i can take?

no negative stuff either...if your going to tell me that i shouldve given up after the first time i failed then dont reply at all. im detirmined to become a EMT if it takes me 40 attempts, its what i love and want to do. i just have a thing with taking tests that i need to get over.

other than that, any help regarding refresher courses or overcoming test anxiety would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
overcoming the stress anxiety is a tough but it can be done. I think a major mistake people sometimes make is they just try to cover too many bases. Really really focus on your book. I't all in there. If you have a head time with computer based test it might be work your time to look into a kaplan style class. And if all else fails take a xanax before going in. Test anxiety is a very real condition. GUdd luck your gonna do find, just dont read too much in to th questions.

OP
OP
B

brown_emt1011

Forum Probie
its always been a real problem for me, never a problem with the work in ANY school ive went through. get to the test and im a mess..and reading into the questions is my biggest issue with the test, that and 2nd guessing myself.

CBentz12

Forum Crew Member
Gut reaction read the question and read the answers, first thing that pops up in your head go for it and click next. That way shows you whether you actually know the stuff or not instead of just guessing and getting it right. I suggest you get a study guide from Branes and Noble after you do your 24 hour refresher course.

Good Luck!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Scene safety, BSI and ABCs. That's the NREMT-B in a nutshell.

Don't over think it. They try to throw you with useless information in the scenario that doesn't pertain to the question asked. Get a good night sleep before hand. If you think it's necessary pay for a test practice site.

When you fail you should get a breakdown of what sections you didn't pass. I can't direct you to how you get to it but I know it is supposed give you one. Focus on those sections.

Take a deep breath and chill out. I personally don't understand test anxiety, I've never experienced it. Slow down, take your time but be wary of your time limit. Go with your gut, many times if you second guess yourself the first answer was right and when you change it you get the question wrong.

I will say use the search a bit. This has been covered in depth more than once in the NREMT subsection of this forum.

OP
OP
B

brown_emt1011

Forum Probie
thanks rob, im going to look through some of the threads on the site to get some studying info...i almost decided not to post this and go straight to looking but i figured there might be some new info....

chardwan

Forum Probie
definitely don't overthink the question! many of the questions are straightforward, but they put in extra information/details to distract you (or make you think too much!)