NR EXAM question

Byah

Forum Ride Along
i just got back from the national registry exam and had some questions. I live in california and we just started the new computer assisted test for the NR this year. i was just wondering if anyone is familiar with this test at all. i got stopped at like question 70, and im tryin to remember if i got a varitey of question on different topics. Im pretty sure i didnt pass because i heard u need atleast a 70% to pass out of 150 questions and if i got stop at question 70, thats not even close to a 70%. I got an A in my emt class which just finished last week and wasnt stressing to hard on this exam. i even got the EMT-BASIC EXAM review by learning express and it seemed way easy, but didnt help too much on the test Anyone got any advice?

Shabo

Forum Probie
Byah,

If it's run there like it is here (Michigan)The test is adaptive, and point based. Each test question has been assigned a point value of 1-5. The computer testing asks progressively more difficult questions (from regurgitation to situational) until you miss one. Then it asks a progressively less difficult questions until you get one right. The test goes until one of three things happens (A) you reach the points you need ( B ) you run out of questions (150 is the Max) or (C) You miss enough questions that you cant reach the required point total in the questions you have left. Therefore a short test = you did really good or really bad.

Shabo

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I guess nobody read my post on CAT test and how the NREMT utilizes such. I suggest those that are planning on testing my want to review...

R/r 911

Glorified

Forum Lieutenant
same thing happened to me. I took it today and got cut off at 70. I felt pretty confident, but you never know with these things. I actually got the same practice book and took some online too. Passed each one each time just like you. Hopefully we passed and will find out in a couple of days!

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
Good luck to both of you!!

OP
OP
B

Byah

Forum Ride Along
alright i passed! just found out late last night! man that test is a trip, i really didnt know how i did. how did u do glorified?

Glorified

Forum Lieutenant
I passed too! I felt pretty confident during the test. It cut me off at 70

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I guess nobody read my post on CAT test and how the NREMT utilizes such. I suggest those that are planning on testing my want to review...

R/r 911

Put it in your signature for easy access.