Not sure what to do. Need help.

xVigiLanTx

Forum Probie
Ok so I have my NR done and I'm wanting to work for an ambulance company. I believe my next step would be to get my live scan, medical examination and then to get my ambulance drivers license. Now can I go to any doctor to have my medical examination done? And do I need to do anything for like a state or county card?

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
You haven't even bothered to tell us what state or county you are even in. Do you think we are mindreaders? Help us to help you.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Based on your question, I am going to presume that you live somewhere in the glorious state of California. I highly recommend you perform a search on this site for past discussions of how to procure a certification in California. You could also consider perusing the website of your county EMS office, or even the state OEMS. WOW! That is resourceful!

VentMedic

Forum Chief
I live in California and my county is Alameda.

Did you take your EMT class in Alameda county? I'm just curious as to why schools are not making this information available to their students or at least giving them the necessary state and county information.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Alameda County EMS information:
http://www.acgov.org/PublicHealth/organization/divisions/ems/ems_emt_paramedic.htm#cert

California DMV Ambulance Drivers Certificate
http://dmv.ca.gov/dl/ambu_drvr_cert.htm

Medical Examination Report

http://dmv.ca.gov/forms/dl/dl51.htm

Google... not just for school reports.

Based on your question, I am going to presume that you live somewhere in the glorious state of California. I highly recommend you perform a search on this site for past discussions of how to procure a certification in California.

You know, it's sad that people on the opposite side of the country knows more about California certification than Californians.

8jimi8

CFRN
its sad that y'all enabled him by doing all of the searching for him.

especially seing his second post after the location of the information was already provided :p

oh well. its no skin off my back!

good luck bro.

OP
OP
X

xVigiLanTx

Forum Probie
Did you take your EMT class in Alameda county? I'm just curious as to why schools are not making this information available to their students or at least giving them the necessary state and county information.

Yes I did take my class in Alameda county but we didnt have time to really get to heavy in to that conversation. We were only suppose to have class Mon Tuse and every other Wed but we added Sat's to catch up for the last two months of class.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Yes I did take my class in Alameda county but we didnt have time to really get to heavy in to that conversation. We were only suppose to have class Mon Tuse and every other Wed but we added Sat's to catch up for the last two months of class.

Curse of the patch factories.

Your "school" didn't have time to tell you how to get certified?

I would demnad money back and report them to the state, county or whoever would listen.

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
Ok so I have my NR done and I'm wanting to work for an ambulance company. I believe my next step would be to get my live scan, medical examination and then to get my ambulance drivers license. Now can I go to any doctor to have my medical examination done? And do I need to do anything for like a state or county card?

1) I believe you can go to any doctor and ask them for a medical examination done.

2) For your county card, you will need to finish the live scan and provide them a copy when you finished it. Also provide the basic ID's, driver licenses, school, etc. County card for Alameda will be $35 and Alameda EMS agency doesn't take cash or credit. So it'll be money orders only. I know cause I got my county cert for Santa Clara and Alameda.

And if your wondering about jobs besides AMR since they're everywhere.
Alameda has Norcal Ambulance, Royal Ambulance, Protransport, and few others. My advice is apply everywhere after your done with all your paperwork.

Good luck

OP
OP
X

xVigiLanTx

Forum Probie
1) I believe you can go to any doctor and ask them for a medical examination done.

2) For your county card, you will need to finish the live scan and provide them a copy when you finished it. Also provide the basic ID's, driver licenses, school, etc. County card for Alameda will be $35 and Alameda EMS agency doesn't take cash or credit. So it'll be money orders only. I know cause I got my county cert for Santa Clara and Alameda.

And if your wondering about jobs besides AMR since they're everywhere.
Alameda has Norcal Ambulance, Royal Ambulance, Protransport, and few others. My advice is apply everywhere after your done with all your paperwork.

Good luck

Thank you. So just so i understand 100% when I apply for the county card I would have to have an Ambulance drivers license?

OP
OP
X

xVigiLanTx

Forum Probie

I would demnad money back and report them to the state, county or whoever would listen.

There goal was to make sure we knew everything to pass NR everything else was on us. I would have to say my weekly test were harder than the NR, everyone in my class passed with flying colors. It was a great school.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief

Sasha

Forum Chief

No one cares. I've tried to file complaint against my school and everyone's passing the buck on who to call or write too. Granted I'm Florida, maybe California is different, but doesn't seem like anyone cares about educational standards.

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
Why do you have 2 county cards? You only need one for the entire state.

Santa Clara agency issued a new rule as of 2009. Any jobs out of the county or does not register with santa clara, they will not issue you a badge but only a county card. So since i'm applying for places up in Alameda, i have to get one up there just in case.

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
Thank you. So just so i understand 100% when I apply for the county card I would have to have an Ambulance drivers license?

Yes, you will have to provide your ADL.
Go to the Alameda county agency website.
They will tell you what you will need to provide in order to have your cert.