Not getting Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

james

Forum Crew Member
I am in the Army stationed in Germany and I am not getting that much experience. I get some bumps pulled this or that and some boken bones. But I dont get any trama or med emerganys. how can I keep from getting out of practice?

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
I dont want to seem like a jerk, but when you type could you try to atleast spell the words correctly.

If your an EMT and you can't spell "trauma" or "broken"....theres nothing good about that.

Sorry I had to say that because a lot of your posts have been just confusing.

To answer your question,

You could start reading and studying higher quality care books. Like I am. I am waiting to get my EMT-B card in the mail, So sense I cant really use the skills I have learned, I just study/read EMT-I and P books. Helps me better understand the way things work.

If your not involved in a V.F.D. I recommend it, Or you could even volunteer at a Local Ambulance Company.

Keep up that want to learn man.

You sound like your very much in to EMS, keep it up. :p

firecoins

IFT Puppet
If your not involved in a V.F.D. I recommend it, Or you could even volunteer at a Local Ambulance Company. :p

He is in the military on a base in Germany. That isn't an option for him. That is why he asked.

I am not sure what you can do. Not being in the military and not having ever been to Germany, my advise is to volunteer at the military hospital if you don't already work in one. If you speak German, venture off the base and see if you can volunteer in one of their hospitals.

Last edited by a moderator:

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
I dont want to seem like a jerk, but when you type could you try to atleast spell the words correctly.

If your an EMT and you can't spell "trauma" or "broken"....theres nothing good about that.

Sorry I had to say that because a lot of your posts have been just confusing.

To answer your question,

You could start reading and studying higher quality care books. Like I am. I am waiting to get my EMT-B card in the mail, So sense I cant really use the skills I have learned, I just study/read EMT-I and P books. Helps me better understand the way things work.

If your not involved in a V.F.D. I recommend it, Or you could even volunteer at a Local Ambulance Company.

Keep up that want to learn man.

You sound like your very much in to EMS, keep it up. :p

Well Hell, if you're going there topher, I will as well. It's SINCE man....SINCE not SENSE. (tongue in cheek)

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well hell, if you're going there Topher, I will as well. It's SINCE man....SINCE not SENSE. (tongue in cheek)

Well, isn't this the pot calling the kettle black?

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
Well, isn't this the pot calling the kettle black?

I'm sticking with my capitalization of Hell on this one, as it is in fact a proper noun. As for "topher", I will chalk it up to artistic license! :-D

edit: OP, I apologize for the hijacking. You will not hear another peep from me.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
review advanced throws and takedowns

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
What is your MOS? It seems to me the Army isn't too interested in supplying you with equipment. As such, it makes me wonder what their take is on your EMT'ing. Knowing the Army the way I do, if they don't issue it, then you don't do it. A couple of your posts raise a red flag in my mind and I would caution against freelancing, especially if working for Uncle sam. If your not a 68W or the like, then perhaps you shouldn't focus as much on the medical stuff. Just a thought.

I do have one burning question for you though. If you can't get Oxygen because the Army doesn't believe you need it, then how is it that you can just arbitrarily start IV's? I know it is a standing order for most military medics, but do you truly fall in that catagory?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Flight..it is a new intiative.

Almost EVERYONE in the Army is trained as CLS (combat life saver). They are trying to negate the need for a medic on every mission as most people can be trained very quick and for minimal dollar on how to perform basic first aid. This class also teaches them IV's, basically large bore in large vein.

They practice a few times on each other and then they are CLS certified.

There are CLS bags in every vehicle and at certain areas within the camp, usually at the CCP (casualty collection point).

A LOT of the guys also make up their own kits, it is very common practice here. Several times a week, I have guys asking me what they should carry and hitting me up for supplies.

There are many guys who are medics or EMTs back home as well, however their MOS is an entirely different field over here. They too feel better about carrying extra equipment to treat the guys in their unit.

They will not get in trouble for doing so either.

Oops, I thought I was in the thread about the guy trying to get equipment for his delpoyment. Mea culpa.

However the info I provided is only relevant to Iraq/Afghanistan and may make a good read...lol

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
None of us are immune to grammatical errors. But I agree I see a lot of misspelled words and incorrect use of words. Spell check will not tell you, "generic you", which (witch) word to (two,too) use. Since (sense) I barely passed english grammar in school I will refrain from comment. There (their,they're) I'm done.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
get off the grammar stuff

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
I love how everyone is correcting eachother now. Its great ^_^

But I stand behind a good point if you can't spell "trauma" or "broken" And your an EMT theres something wierd about that. Someone tell me I'm wrong, you just don't see many EMTs spelling those kind of words wrong. :wacko:

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
I apologize. Getting another one of these "grammar wars" going was the farthest from my intent (hence the tongue in cheek nature of my post). We have plenty of these threads here and I don't really feel that we need any more. Enough of it.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
trauma is a word, like any other. a compilation of letters. just as prone to being mispelled as a non medical word. for someone that hasnt even gotten their cert in the mail, your awful quick to jump up on your soapbox and proclaim what real emts should be doing.....

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
Im such a horrible person :unsure:

I never told anyone what an EMT should be doing. If you look at what I wrote I "proclaimed" that it was wierd that an EMT can't spell trauma correctly.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
semantics.....

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
I know the study of meaning very well, as will you grasshopper :ph34r:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
If you want to correct someone's spelling or grammer here, take it offline via PM. There are to be no more posts telling someone to run spell check unless it comes from a Community Leader.

Instead, why don't we focus on answering the OP's original question?

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Get into some of the scenario's on this site.
Or maybe start some trauma ones of your own.
It's not live action, but will get you thinking and is a fun way to learn!

Cheers Enjoynz

Status
Not open for further replies.