New!

AMPEMT85

Forum Probie
Hey guys/gals!

I'm new here. I stumbled upon the site this week when I Googled "EMS humor"!

I've been licensed/certified as an EMT-I for almost 2 years. I've only had one call, which wasn't really a call as more of an accident involving my friend which I was first on scene for. I'm a full time college student at Sac State getting two BA's and as for the EMT thing, I help teach skills to the new EMT students!

I love helping people, but hate that it's hard to find a job doing it that is not 5 hours away from home. I'm just a volunteer working as a proctor, but hopefully I'll be doing more after I go through the volunteer fire academy in my county. ^_^

Anyways, just wanted to say hi!

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Oh there in never such a thing as JUST a volunteer. be proud of what you do for other. Welcome though...i sort of found the site the same way.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome! Like mikeylikesit said, be proud of what you do. I found this site looking for some online sims while I was bored one night. Best of luck to you:D

Hastings

Noobie
Ok, two things.

1. How effective is a teacher who has no experience in the field?
2. Why on Earth aren't you working if you're a licensed EMT-I?

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Ok, two things.

1. How effective is a teacher who has no experience in the field?
2. Why on Earth aren't you working if you're a licensed EMT-I?

Ill second the first one, but it seems like he really has no time with his college stuff!

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Um, Folks. First off, he's in Cal. In Cal, if they say EMT-I, you need to read it as EMT-One, which is basic. Other than that... Yeah, how are you teaching if you've never worked? I had a skills instructor in my class, that, um, had a similar situation...

OP
OP
A

AMPEMT85

Forum Probie
well first off I'm a she...and I can teach skills as long as I can pass this thing called the "Red Test" before every semester. I only teach skills...that's it! I'm not instructing the class!! That'd be a nightmare! Maybe someday if I go crazy after working and actually getting enough real calls!:p

I am very proud to help teach the class as a volunteer, it makes me happy! My students and fellow proctors enjoy having me around! B)

And I'm not working cause no one is hiring EMT-B's right now in the area of Nor-Cal that I live. All of the jobs are in the Bay Area and I'm closer to Lake Tahoe than the Bay Area... :-(

And there's the college thing too. but soon, hopefully!!

Last edited by a moderator:

MedicAngel

Forum Crew Member
Ah Lake Tahoe...I grew up just an hour away from there on the Nevada side! Beautiful country and lots of things to do.