New training/protocols for WV EMT-B's by June 2007???

WVfirefightersmom

Forum Probie
Have any of you heard of new training/protocols for WV (or other states for that matter?) that have to be completed by June 2007?

I was told that all EMS directors in WV have to complete instructional training on new EMT-B protocols/scope of practice in order to update their EMT-Bs. They said that all WV EMT-Bs have to be certified/trained on these new protocols by June 2007 in order to continue to practice as EMT-Bs. This training evidently is primarily on new meds that we will be allowed to administer.... of course after contacting MEDCOM. However, my understanding is that these "new" meds are ones that previously only medics could administer.

Anyone heard anything on this?

AndiBugg

Forum Crew Member
I just took my EMT-B class (waiting on my national results) and I had heard our Instructor talking about it, and from what I understand, I think thier just letting us carry meds like Nitro and Epi-Pens on the ambulance rather than having to use the patients medication. I may be wrong, I can call my instructor to check on it, because I may be wrong. I think thats really about it though. Like I said, I may be wrong, so dont quote me on it lol.