New member, jut sayin' what's up...

AirbourneMedic

Forum Probie
what's up...

Hello from cloudy and overcast Cape Cod, but at least the fishing has been pretty good.
As my handle implies I am a veteran, I served as a paratrooper down at Ft Bragg, NC (pre-9/11) and got out in December 2001. I had worked as an equipment operator in the Army for 4 years so I thought I was a "walk on" for the union...wrongo. So after workin several different trades I was eventually working doing construction (which I had tried to avoid by going into the Army) with a kid Shawn, who became a good friend. Shawn was young and smart and even then knew he wanted to become a firefighter, he told me about the excitment, the benefits and the comraderie. Then he went on to explain how departments around here are only interested in hiring firefighters who are also Medics. I figured I'd get my EMT-B and try it out and if I liked it I'd continue on to get my Medic and Fire Science degree. So here it is, almost seven years later and I'm getting on my first pick FD, and to top it off, Shawn is too...

Thanks for having me and I hope to pick the brains of some of the more expierienced Medics...
-Chad

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the site, and thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Howdy Howdy :)
Please tell me someone finally brought cookies?

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
hi, welcome :)

former new englander here... how are the bluefish running these days off the cape? man i miss me some rhode-island style clam chowdah!

cheers!
bean

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome, the coffee is on, pull up a chair and relax.^_^

Figuratively speaking of course. ;-)