new EMT-B -- confused about what to do next

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 4 2005, 10:16 PM
www.savelives.com

www.needi-supply.com

do these 2 sites actually exist???? I don't belive it, blue has me beat.

And easy, blue, first we got to get him green lights. Lots and lots and lots of green lights.

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 5 2005, 06:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 5 2005, 06:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@May 4 2005, 10:16 PM
www.savelives.com

www.needi-supply.com

And easy, blue, first we got to get him green lights. Lots and lots and lots of green lights.

Jon [/b][/quote]
Green?

NO! First he needs a generator on board, then at least 30 Sq' feet of blue LED lights.

THEN.

He needs a 20' self rising tower to mount a green light on to identify his new mobile ER as a command center.

THEN.

At least five scanners to track all EMS runs in a 50 mile radius, so you can beat them to the scene and treat the patient and / or illegally transport the patient to the hospital on the cot in your new mini van painted Omaha Orange and Cream, and leave the ER as quick as possible so nobody knows it was illegal.

Finally.

You need at least one E-Q2B on your new Whackerbulance

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 5 2005, 06:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 5 2005, 06:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@May 4 2005, 10:16 PM
www.savelives.com

www.needi-supply.com

Jon [/b][/quote]
Yes, they do exist.

I've ordered from savelives.com (Common Cents EMS Supply) many times!

They have this feature where you can choose from a huge list to fill your own trauma bag... It's whacker heaven.

emt3225

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by emtnewbie@May 4 2005, 09:59 PM

emt3225--My actual residence is in Valley Stream, and ive heard some people mention that VS was a good place to volunteer at as jafo posted eariler, so I will try for the Valley Stream Volunteering Dept -- if you dont mind, do you know who/how I contact them exactly? I had called my local fire department a few times before (no picked up so I left a message), but no one ever called me back. did i not call the right place? maybe the fire department isnt volunteer? should i just go there in person? a bit confused! haha.

rescuecpt has given you all the info u need to get started with the Valley stream fire dept...Good luck..keep us posted.. :rolleyes:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+May 5 2005, 03:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ May 5 2005, 03:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@May 5 2005, 06:38 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR

Jon
Green?

NO! First he needs a generator on board, then at least 30 Sq' feet of blue LED lights.

THEN.

He needs a 20' self rising tower to mount a green light on to identify his new mobile ER as a command center.

THEN.

At least five scanners to track all EMS runs in a 50 mile radius, so you can beat them to the scene and treat the patient and / or illegally transport the patient to the hospital on the cot in your new mini van painted Omaha Orange and Cream, and leave the ER as quick as possible so nobody knows it was illegal.

Finally.

You need at least one E-Q2B on your new Whackerbulance [/b][/quote]
no - in new yawk, the vollie EMT's use green vs. blue lights.

Jon

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@May 5 2005, 05:49 PM

Jon
Correct... EMTs- Green. Fire Department - Blue (if you're a FD/amb combined you may use blue).

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 5 2005, 05:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 5 2005, 05:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 5 2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@May 5 2005, 06:38 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR

Jon

Green?

THEN.

THEN.

Finally.

You need at least one E-Q2B on your new Whackerbulance

Jon [/b][/quote]
Oh.

Then what do they use for command posts?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
The red & clear lights on the ambulance or chief's car, or, a probie walking around holding up a flashlight for the IC. :) They're good for something, lol (just kidding, of course, I love my probie, she's better than a lot of EMTs I know!)