NCTI EMT B riverside

tfelt

Forum Probie
I'am about to start my emt b class in riverside and was wondering if anyone could tell me after i have completed my class and pass my registry exam if I can take my paramedic class threw a community college? do the credits transfer? do I have to go to paramedic school threw ncti? please all answer will help alot thanks.

emtchick171

Forum Lieutenant
I'am about to start my emt b class in riverside and was wondering if anyone could tell me after i have completed my class and pass my registry exam if I can take my paramedic class threw a community college? do the credits transfer? do I have to go to paramedic school threw ncti? please all answer will help alot thanks.

I'm not exactly sure how the credits work through NCTI. However, I know that you can take a (Basic to Medic) bridge course at some community colleges...it is offered at 2 community colleges (local for me). It is just a matter of calling and asking them. The two colleges that offer the B-P around here take approx. 10 months to complete. Good luck with your EMT B class. I know you will do great.

Cohn

Forum Lieutenant
Good luck!

NADHARMA

Forum Ride Along
Hey tfelt,
just wanted to throw out some clarifications for you..
1) you EMT course, while attending @ NCTI is not accepted at any school as credit. It is a cert course for State/County EMS certification.

2) NO, you don't "have to go to NCTI" for medic school. Your other local choices are crafton hills, victor valley, Mt Sac...

Best of luck to you in your course.:)

TacoMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
VVC, Crafton Hills College, Mt. SAC, etc. all offer EMT-P courses in that area. You need to test into those programs and you will need at least 6 months of EMT experience to get in. NCTI EMT-B will be ok.

OP
OP
T

tfelt

Forum Probie
i meant can i use my emt cert. from ncti as a prereq towards medic school at a community college? or do not all colleges accept a cert from a different college?

TacoMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
i meant can i use my emt cert. from ncti as a prereq towards medic school at a community college? or do not all colleges accept a cert from a different college?

Any EMT-B cert will work. They're all the same. Good luck! :)

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah they all work, the requirements is not for EMS units, its for EMT cert. Also Riverside community college has a good Paramedic program.good luck

Last edited by a moderator: