NBC Medic Channel?

sop

Forum Lieutenant
Since watching television I noticed lots of medical television series (third watch, scrubs, the listener...) on NBC. Now this fall a new series titled "Trauma". I hope it turns out well. The preview seems interesting.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Since watching television I noticed lots of medical television series (third watch, scrubs, the listener...) on NBC. Now this fall a new series titled "Trauma". I hope it turns out well. The preview seems interesting.

I give it one season till it will be on life support. Already, appears to be stupid and very unrealistic alike turdwatch and the other B.S. shows that makes whackers adrenaline flow...

I am awaiting for the influx of EMT students as enrollment always increase by 10-25% of these crappy shows. Remarkably, at the least we make enough off of them before they drop out to pay for other courses.

R/r 911

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Can't believe you compared Third Watch to this piece of crap coming out...

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
i really like the show on hbo "nurse jackie"

hmmm... a drug seeking, arrogant non- payed prostitute (it won't let me use the word "wh*re); that pedals her body for narcotics. Yeah, a great role model for health care providers.

R/r 911

Last edited by a moderator:

thatgirl00

Forum Crew Member
People enroll in EMT class cause of a TV show they saw?? how long does it take them to drop out when they figure out nothing is scripted lol

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Can't believe you compared Third Watch to this piece of crap coming out...

Why not? It was a piece of crap too. Just ask any real FDNY employee. Nothing even similar to real life or their system.

R/r 911

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
People enroll in EMT class cause of a TV show they saw?? how long does it take them to drop out when they figure out nothing is scripted lol

I try to keep them at least for two weeks until it is too late to get their money back. Should had investigated a little better on career decision instead of the boob tube.

R/r 911

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain

YA it is sad..funny..but sad. I usually see 10-12% drop out the first week, and another 3-5% throughout the class..then 20-25% of that wont pass the final..and ect down the line to nremt.

Trauma wont cut it..it is gonna bust..or I can always hope it does.

harkj

Forum Crew Member
hmmm... a drug seeking, arrogant non- payed prostitute (it won't let me use the word "wh*re); that pedals her body for narcotics. Yeah, a great role model for health care providers.

R/r 911

I didnt say it was a family show but i do enjoy watching it, a tv show is just that a show, and i dont use a tv show show as role model i use real people

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I didnt say it was a family show but i do enjoy watching it, a tv show is just that a show, and i dont use a tv show show as role model i use real people

You are the minority and not the "norm". Don't believe me, just peek into any EMT course starting next January.

R/r 911

harkj

Forum Crew Member
You are the minority and not the "norm". Don't believe me, just peek into any EMT course starting next January.

R/r 911

oh i know that...alot of people think that since its on tv then is happens or thats the way it works and shows like that are not good for the "norm"

flhtci01

Forum Captain
Just wonder how long after the first show before I hear a patient or family say "Well on Trauma they BLAH BLAH BLAH why is that being done?"

Epi-do

I see dead people
In the event of an emergency, stay calm. Help is on the way. Most people run from danger...a select few run towards it."

Gag!!
7.gif
The commercial for Trauma was just on. Yeah, it looks interesting in the same way a train wreck looks interesting. (As I am watching Law & Order - another very realistic show. What can I say....I am hooked on it.)

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Law and Order is not very realistic either. Been around for quite a while.

Epi-do

I see dead people

I know. I thought that by putting the word "very" in bold, it would help convey the sarcastic tone my comment was meant to have. Doesn't change the fact that I am hooked and watch it whenever it is on, even if I have seen the episode before.

harkj

Forum Crew Member

lol that sucks that its not realistic because when i was in law and society for extra credit we have the option of watching an episode of Law and Order and write about it. No not all of the show is real but is pretty close when it come to the steps taken.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
I like Nurse Jackie, Rescue Me, I've been intrigued by Third Watch but I haven't seen it. I enjoy watching them for entertainment value. It's also kinda interesting how some of them have ZERO medical reference. Even basic references.

medic_texas

Forum Crew Member
The show "Trauma" shows a lot of helicopter crashes, from what I can tell on their previews. I don't plan on watching the show and I hope it's cancelled ASAP. There is enough tragedy in the real aeromedical field, we don't need to glorify it with crappy TV shows.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
The show "Trauma" shows a lot of helicopter crashes, from what I can tell on their previews. I don't plan on watching the show and I hope it's cancelled ASAP. There is enough tragedy in the real aeromedical field, we don't need to glorify it with crappy TV shows.

For many years, San Francisco has been trying to get a helipad at one of its hospitals especially the trauma center (San Francisco General). No hospital in San Franciso has a helipad. They may have a chance in a few years to get one at the new UCSF hospital which would benefit the children's section greatly. I, too, hate to see such tragedy dramatized in not one but several crashes on this show. It just means those producing this show have little faith in the storyline or acting and must distract from that fact.