MT. SAC Medic School

EMTelite

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys I am about to go into MT. SAC's paramedic school and I was wondering if anyone had been there.... Yes I already knows its going to be really hard and stuff of that nature I just wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions before going there... I am already taking A&P and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips thanks guys

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
I may have posted this in another forum, but are you going to be attending the August session? The one with the pre-course beginning in June?

If so, have you visited the office to pick up the pre-course study packet?

I am attending the pre-course in June myself.

thegreypilgrim

Forum Asst. Chief
I graduated from there about 2 years ago now. It was definitely a good idea for you to take a&p prior to starting there as they hit that stuff hard...like really hard. Try not to freak out about how hard the program's supposed to be as the course content is not conceptually difficult (like advanced math or physics. Or something like that). It's just large volume of material to cover and internalize in a short period of time (too short). Thus anyone can do it, it just takes dedication and committing to a routine for studying. Honestly the most difficult concepts you're going to have are the a&p and pharmacology blocks...and possibility medical math (but really this is just basic algebra at most). The best advice I can give is to gain as much mastery over a&p as you can and don't focus so much on trying to memorize signs & symptoms and such.