moving to West Virginia

gnh2276

Forum Crew Member
anyone know how to go about getting a wv ems license?

WLSC2008

Forum Crew Member
Hey,
I am from WV I know that we have an office for EMS and there website is pretty good.

I am currently reviewing how to obtain one myself but I know there are classes involved which you have taken and a practical test and a written test. I believe when I take my class in the spring that my NREMT test will count for the state written test and I will have to take a practical test in class.
As far as reciprocity I do not really have any idea because I have always been from WV.

Here is the link to the office:

http://www.wvochs.org/oems/

Hope this helps!

Rattletrap

Forum Lieutenant
What part of WV?

Do you have a current NREMT card and how old is it? Depending on that, you may have to take the WV recert test. I know the EMT-B exam is simple 100 questions and practicals. if you flunk that you have no business in EMS.

WLSC2008

Forum Crew Member
I do not have any cert. card

I will be taking my class this coming spring and then will find out about the entire process.

OP
OP
gnh2276

gnh2276

Forum Crew Member
Nremt

Yes I am a NREMT and since june of this year

jellybeans

Forum Ride Along
u can call steve and ask him do u know any good site i can go on to study for my state final here is steve #304-838-0911 i hope to here from u soon

Rattletrap

Forum Lieutenant
they will probably just grant you a card as long as there is no hold up on your current state card

OP
OP
gnh2276

gnh2276

Forum Crew Member
good to know I will call this week

OP
OP
gnh2276

gnh2276

Forum Crew Member
I found out some info from what I saw from the states site I have to be with a department my fiancee is going to talk to some friends and family for me. I will be in Logan county

OP
OP
gnh2276

gnh2276

Forum Crew Member
I found out some info from what I saw from the states site I have to be with a department my fiancee is going to talk to some friends and family for me. I will be in Logan county

OP
OP
gnh2276

gnh2276

Forum Crew Member
update

Hey everyone I am going to be in the Lorado area.