moving to FL from IN should i get indiana cert or national?

dustincarter19

Forum Probie
I curently live in florida but am going to take my training in indiana. Should I get the indiana cert or the national cert? Which would be transfer to work in florida? And will I need to retakke the written and the practicle or just the written?

Epi-do

I see dead people
Since you list your training as a basic, does that mean you are referring to your medic cert? If so, in IN, you have to take the registry in order to get your state cert - there is no state test. However, you do not have to maintain NR to keep your IN cert.

OP
OP
D

dustincarter19

Forum Probie
no i am getting my emt basic again

Sorry I forgot to change my status. I lost my basic certification because I let it expire. I am taking the courses to get certified as a basic.

reaper

Working Bum
You will need NREMT for your FL basic. So if Indiana uses NREMT. You will be all set.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Indiana will give you state with National Registry; but they also have their own state registry on the Basic and Intermeddiate level. on the Paramedic level you need NR, then they will give you state registration.

Indiana is weird that way

Sasha

Forum Chief
For Basic get NREMT, if you plan on doing Paramedic in Indiana, Florida does not recognize NREMT so you'd be wasting your time.

sojourner

Forum Probie
both is good

Indiana lets you re-up (test out) to re-activate if you need to so you don't have to take a course, just the test, if I remember correctly. The you can recip, to other states, potentially. I maintain mine even though I practice in IA. I have IA, IN, and NREMT. I love certs... hahaha. if I left EMS I can come back and test out in indiana to be active

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Indiana will give you state with National Registry; but they also have their own state registry on the Basic and Intermeddiate level. on the Paramedic level you need NR, then they will give you state registration.

Indiana is weird that way

NM has an identical setup. State registered for B/I (for basic cause the scope and training is a little broader, not sure why for int since it is essentially NREMT-I/85) but NREMT required for medic cert

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
but they also have their own state registry on the Basic and Intermeddiate level

What exactly do you mean by that?