minitor II

mrdell4150

Forum Crew Member
does anyone have a minitor 2 pager? I do, and am wondering what the three different settings do on the pager, 1 has a speaker image with an x thru it, the other has a plain speaker image, and the last has a bell image. What is the difference between the 3? I am currently using 1 channel and not even sure if mine has 2 channels.

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
The x through it might be a vibrate function, my minitor 4 has it. Plain speaker might mean you get all the chatter going through and not just the initial tones, and the last with the bell might mean you only get the tones and initial dispatch and nothing else. I know it's something similiar with mine except mine doesn't have any images on it.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The x through it might be a vibrate function, my minitor 4 has it. Plain speaker might mean you get all the chatter going through and not just the initial tones, and the last with the bell might mean you only get the tones and initial dispatch and nothing else. I know it's something similiar with mine except mine doesn't have any images on it.
It really depends upon how it's programmed, but you are generally correct on this.

In general, the bell icon means tone only activation, the speaker image means open frequency monitoring (so you can hear the radio traffic after the tones) and the speaker with the x means vibrate/silent mode, although I wasn't aware that this was a feature in the Minitor II series.

BrandoEMT

Forum Crew Member
Hey good luck with that pager if you haven't gotten it programmed...it's tougher than hell to find crystals for programming....as far as I know Min II's don't have vibrate....and yes it depends upon programming....sometimes the speaker with a line through it doesn't do anything...

OP
OP
M

mrdell4150

Forum Crew Member
thanks guys for the info, i already have it programmed, i just wanted to know the different functions because the squad didn't tell me what they did.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Minitaur IIs suck (i've used the II, III, IV, and V) they are big, not sensitive, and use propreitary batteries. They don't have vibrate or record/replay.

Minitaur II have no vibrate. They have monitor frequency 1, monitor frequency 2, and silent until toned (bell)

brentoli

Forum Crew Member
Some 2's vibrate. I am not sure if it is a aftermarket modification, or just a limited run. The basic II is one frequency. The bell is the Alert function. and then mine has a 1 and 2. They are both just monitor.
I loved the minitor II. The only problems I had with it was it is sensitive to cell phones, mine would randomly beep when I got around cell phones. Also the belt clip is weak on it.
I moved from a II to a IV... which are CRAP. Now I have a perfect V.