Medlife Ambulance is a great company to work for!

Metro EMS News

Forum Crew Member
Addrobo,
I agree. Why should the appeals process be so lengthy? It's been months since anything was updated on the original Med-Life appeal.
Elite also appealed more recently, and the County EMSA hasn't posted a thing.

Woodstuck

Forum Probie
MedLife

I am glad your happy in EMS however, I have not heard any positive feedback on MedLife! As I have heard they are about to go under and that many seasoned EMT's just jumped ship! Goodluck to you! As for driving the ambulance it sucks! Nobody shows them no respect while on the rode! Sadly it will be worse in 3 years! I Love your excitement hope it stays alive longer then many EMT's before you!

djarmpit

Forum Lieutenant
This company has a decent sized station across my neighborhood in Garden Grove. Dont know how long its been there, although Ive seen their EMT's walk around with hats on backwards (just doesnt seem professional to me)

Acetone

Forum Probie
I haven't read through all that was posted in this thread, but I knew an RT at medlife. My old godforsaken company used to transport a couple patients to Verdugo Hills. At that time they looked like a chill company. Seems like they're going into ruins though; well deserved for trying to screw people over their paychecks.

I haven't read through all that was posted in this thread, but I knew an RT at medlife. My old godforsaken company used to transport a couple patients to Verdugo Hills. At that time they looked like a chill company. Seems like they're going into ruins though; well deserved for trying to screw people over their paychecks.

I'm assuming you worked for GCTI. From the words of current employees at MEDLIFE, they are penny pinching left and right to try and salvage whatever dialysis money they can get before the new 2014 Range Rovers and Mercedes' come out.

Woodstuck

Forum Probie
I will not work for an LA based company! They are some of the most corrupt companies ever! The funny thing is they are trying to take over the Orange County area! Trust when I say stay in LA! To the owners managers of these Bad Ambulance we in the. OC know what your up too! It won't be long till your gone! Buh Bye

Acetone

Forum Probie
I'm assuming you worked for GCTI. From the words of current employees at MEDLIFE, they are penny pinching left and right to try and salvage whatever dialysis money they can get before the new 2014 Range Rovers and Mercedes' come out.

Actually I was at MedResponse. I saw GCTI around a lot though. We only had a couple patients out there in Verdugo. I would always see MedLife crew lying in the sun while I was there though. Made me want to join them. And I agree, these companies are incredibly corrupt. I'm glad I got a taste of this side of the business though, as it makes my outlook on life much more positive right now. I have a few good stories about my company that I'll share later when I have time.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I will not work for an LA based company! They are some of the most corrupt companies ever! The funny thing is they are trying to take over the Orange County area! Trust when I say stay in LA! To the owners managers of these Bad Ambulance we in the. OC know what your up too! It won't be long till your gone! Buh Bye

Private ambulance company are in business for one thing and that is to make money. So in what way you think this companies are corrupt and why will they be gone from OC soon?

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Medlife will not get canoga park Care will!

Huh? According to Google canoga park is Los Angeles,and I haven't seen any rfp for la in very long time, plus it's pretty small area. So I really have no clue what you're taking about.

Acetone

Forum Probie
Huh? According to Google canoga park is Los Angeles,and I haven't seen any rfp for la in very long time, plus it's pretty small area. So I really have no clue what you're taking about.

Agreed, it's not going to happen. Canoga Park is LA city territory. This whole county vs city fire department thing going on in LA is kind of silly to me. You have the LA city fire department, then you have LA county, and then, finally, you have places like Burbank who have their own fire department (not sure if this is still considered LA county).

mike1390

Forum Captain
Medlife will not get canoga park Care will!

For some one who has been in EMS for 21 years and who claims to be a paramedic in so-cal, I would imagine you know how LA city and LA county operate. I suggest everyone educate themselves on 911 areas so new EMTs are not "tricked" "duped" or swindled by these claims about being able to run 911 in an area that is clearly not up for grabs.

heres a little nugget for everyone- If LAFD runs 911 in whatever area you are talking about....100% of the time they will not use a private ambulance company.

If its LACoFD they do run 911 with private ambulances on a basic and basic platform. There are no 911 private paramedic in LA County. Just because you are a paramedic and work for the 911 provider ie:Care,Schafer,McCormick,AMR does not mean that you will get to use your medic skills. Its means that you run ALS IFTs in la county.

Hope this clears up some confusion about medics in LA County, and people claiming contracts in LA Citys area.

Woodstuck

Forum Probie
I know that fire runs with their own medics! I am talking about transport! So get over yourself Mr. thinks he knows it all! It is funny how you want to make yourself look like you know me!

Last edited by a moderator:

mike1390

Forum Captain
I know that fire runs with their own medics! I am talking about transport!

ok well it seems as if you are still confused...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/southerncalifornian/6078316485/
that is an LAFD ambulance which does all of the transporting of anyone who calls 911 and wants to go to the hospital in the city of los angeles.

below is an example of a Los angeles county response. Private ambulance trasports county fire follows as ALS.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/3367585024/

Again Im helping out to inform others, by you saying that a private ambulance will acquire a 911 contract in the city of Los Angeles is false. All im asking is for people to do some fact checking on these matters.

I dont know it all but I know a fair amount about so-cal 911.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
For some one who has been in EMS for 21 years and who claims to be a paramedic in so-cal, I would imagine you know how LA city and LA county operate. I suggest everyone educate themselves on 911 areas so new EMTs are not "tricked" "duped" or swindled by these claims about being able to run 911 in an area that is clearly not up for grabs.

heres a little nugget for everyone- If LAFD runs 911 in whatever area you are talking about....100% of the time they will not use a private ambulance company.

If its LACoFD they do run 911 with private ambulances on a basic and basic platform. There are no 911 private paramedic in LA County. Just because you are a paramedic and work for the 911 provider ie:Care,Schafer,McCormick,AMR does not mean that you will get to use your medic skills. Its means that you run ALS IFTs in la county.

Hope this clears up some confusion about medics in LA County, and people claiming contracts in LA Citys area.

This is 100 percent true. No 911 medics in LA. Only IFT ALS. You can be on an ALS rig and be a medic but the fire medic will do the ALS Skills legally. If the fire medics let's you do something because you are a medic that is on him

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I know that fire runs with their own medics! I am talking about transport! So get over yourself Mr. thinks he knows it all! It is funny how you want to make yourself look like you know me!

You need periods, not exclamation points, and you should probably lose your defensive tone if you want people to take you as anything other than an overly motivated amateur.

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
I'm sure there's a lot of "real" IFT paramedics in LA that would love to be an "IFT ALS medic" to fire.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Come to OKC. We run the show here.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Come to OKC. We run the show here.

Same here, even if there's a fire medic on scene it's my show, if they do an ALS skills its because it was done prior to my arrival or because I'm being nice and letting them. Per our MD we perform any advanced airway procedures after we arrive, not them. Other than that it's the medic's discretion.