Medics Behaving Badly - Video

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Twix623

Forum Crew Member
Hmm, probably wasn't the brightest of idea's to put out that they were medics and even what company they work for!

Honestly I don't think it was necessary for him to be fired, but the fact that the medic put their info out there, ehh... it makes the company look unprofessional.

High Speed Chaser

Forum Crew Member
They were having some fun, just letting off some steam, yeah they shouldn't have mentioned any company but we are all human and act human. Being any kind of EMT is a stressful job and different people cope in different ways. No one should have been let go for this, maybe some discipline instead.

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
The one that was let go, was let go because he brought up the company afaik.

Bloom-IUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Did I miss something? what was the problem?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I think it was kind of dumb to bring up the company name, but they where both wasted, not doing anything illegal, and simply stated there job when being interviewed. Kind of embarrassing for the agency I suppose, but firing the guy seems going a little over board.

Bloom-IUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Ha! I get to use the word "gargantuan" again

I think it was kind of dumb to bring up the company name, but they where both wasted, not doing anything illegal, and simply stated there job when being interviewed. Kind of embarrassing for the agency I suppose, but firing the guy seems going a little over board.
Totally agree, dumb idea. But termination?? Are we not allowed to drink on off days? Are not allowed to get drunk on our off days? And is it just me or are paramedics getting fired for dumb a-- reasons? And those are not rhetorical questions I really don't know. :unsure:

There must be a gargantuan applicant pool of paramedics available in order for so many companies to be terminating paramedics left and right.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Huge liability from a business standpoint (not talking legal)

If, and it's clear these Dudes're not the sharpest tacks in the pack, for any reason either of them get INVOLVED in any sort of incident that draws Press, this video WILL resurface.

And every private ambulance company has skeletons in its closets. The liability lies in opening up the door for further examination. If they know they'll pass scrutiny, they might not have taken action, but even at that, any ambulance business is too fragile to paint a Bulls-Eye on it's ***.

Bloom-IUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
DO other professionals that get paid $9-15/hr subject to the same standards of professional conduct outside of work?
Makes me wonder if EMS public relations have gone too far without actually addressing more pressing problems.