medical myths

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Washing your hair with mayonnaise will kill lice. (It doesn't, but it does make your hair shiny.)

I dunno, Sash; we used the mayo on my three sons several times and it always worked. Our pediatrician recommended it to us, and it was hella cheaper than Rid (the medicine, not the Ryder...lol)

downunderwunda

Forum Captain
Um... you believe we CAN'T diagnose something pre-hospital?

You see a bone sticking out of a leg after a fall. Don't call it a fracture! That would be a diagnosis!

Linus,

misquoting is a sin. -10 for you. I have requoted for you to reread what I actually said, in its entirity, the second part of what I said is just as important as the part you have decided to quote

I think the biggest Medical Myth is perpetrated by Medic who like to think they are Doctors & can Diagnose & cure pre hospital

thoose 2 words make all the difference to what I said, we can make a provisional diagnosis, we need to leave the difinitive diagnosis & treatment (& ongoing care) to a Doctor who has trained for many many more years than any medic.

eveningsky339

Forum Lieutenant
The average person needs to drink eight glasses of water a day to avoid being chronically dehydrated.

Drinking coffee/tea brings about dehydration.

OP
OP
Lifeguards For Life

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
back in high school i was on the swim team.
on occasion girls would eat before a meet, well usually right after their race they would end up puking.

lol i was on my high school swim team as well. I saw many a kid pukin in the trash can, but i didn't think it was because they had just eaten

OP
OP
Lifeguards For Life

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
i always assumed that it was. i never ate before a meet, never puked after one either.

our coach was also a little overboard. we could be pukin in the trash and he would yell for us to hurry up and get back in the pool. we also practiced 4-6 hours a day 6 days a week<_<

Silver_Star

Forum Crew Member
our coach was also a little overboard. we could be pukin in the trash and he would yell for us to hurry up and get back in the pool. we also practiced 4-6 hours a day 6 days a week<_<

ours was not that intense. 6 days a week, for maybe 3-4 hours? i ended up transferring schools. didnt join their swim team because they started at 5am. before school every morning.

Sasha

Forum Chief

What high school you go to? Seminole? Sounds like my swim/waterpolo coach!

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
So is the "myth" that male swimmers shave their entire bodies to be faster in the water true?

Sasha

Forum Chief
you went to seminole? i'm sorry to hear that:p were you in their health academy?

Yeah. Where did you go?? Oviedo? Lake Mary? Lake Howell? We at Criminal High kicked their butts every season... in swimming.. god our waterpolo team sucked.

Sasha

Forum Chief

Sasha

Forum Chief
I hated when all the swim girls had hairy legs for "training"

The only thing I hated more then hairy legs was when my cap would break, and my hair would get all tangled during practice like a rat's nest.

OP
OP
Lifeguards For Life

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
The only thing I hated more then hairy legs was when my cap would break, and my hair would get all tangled during practice like a rat's nest.

haha. my brown hair turned bleached blond/white and most of my arm leg hair etc "fell out" due to the Cl