Medic while in college

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
So I still have 3 years of undergraduate school left in biology, does anyone know how and if it would be feasibly possible for me to be able to take a medic class (already have a basic cert) while being a full time student in biology?

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
So I still have 3 years of undergraduate school left in biology, does anyone know how and if it would be feasibly possible for me to be able to take a medic class (already have a basic cert) while being a full time student in biology?

Unless your planning on making a career out of it, I wouldn't go for my medic. It's not the same as getting your basic.. It's alot of time money and work. If you are just doing it to have the cert or to help get into medical school, it's not worth it. Just having it won't help too much with medical school. Focus on your research, gpa and studying.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Medic student AND full-time bio student? No. It's not even remotely feasible. Hell, a good amount of people can't handle medic school by itself!

medicsb

Forum Asst. Chief
Bad idea. Don't attempt both at the same time. Focus on getting an outstanding GPA and scoring good on the MCAT. Do the other stupid BS, too. (Research, volunteering, etc.) That will help you more with getting into med-school.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
I know of at least one person who managed to combine medic school/employment and a full undergraduate pre-med courseload. He was... atypical. I really wouldn't recommend it.