Medic Students!!!

Navajib

Forum Probie
Cool I have to finish up my clinicals then I'll be able to test. Let me know what to expect on the EMT-I exam. How long is the paramedic course at lone star?

North Harris's program is a 2 year program, either for the AAS or Certificate.
Lonestar also has the Cy-Fair 1 year program.

Which services are you running with for your clinicals?

I had a lot of questions in acid base. But as like with the basic exam, everything was general and according to the testing percentages. All I can say is review!

Any relation to the newbie?

Congrats on finishing the first half.

Ah yes--newbie and I are in the same classes.

And thanks!

Blood

Forum Crew Member
After reading through this thread I am extremely intimidated by medic school lol.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I know right. That was after filming a classmate start an IV in his own leg...not sure why.

I've done it in my foot. I'd pay to see someone do their own arm without fountaining it everywhere, one handed haha.

That is awesome!

As second year medic students, we get to clock some hours next to the anesthesiologist in the OR for intubations.

We do the cadaver lab, ED, OR, ICU/CCU, LnD, Pedi ED, Urgent Care, Psyc and observe an autopsy at the coroners. I can't wait! We don't do any internship before didactic is finished. We can do rides as a Basic. I'm definitely jumping on that offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
double

Last edited by a moderator:

RustyShackleford

Forum Crew Member
Just over 4 months left until my 3 months of ride outs. My how the time flies.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Lab final this week, lecture final next week, and then my internship starts next month. Terrifying :wacko:

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
After reading through this thread I am extremely intimidated by medic school lol.

Its not bad at all, very interesting curriculum too. It may seem intimidating now because this thread is full of big words that you likely didnt see in your EMT classes. Its a blast, ALS is where its at!

Blood

Forum Crew Member
Its not bad at all, very interesting curriculum too. It may seem intimidating now because this thread is full of big words that you likely didnt see in your EMT classes. Its a blast, ALS is where its at!

I haven't even done my EMT classes yet so I'm clueless on a lot of it lol. The way my class works is: EMT-B first semester, EMT-I second semester, and then 1-1/2 years(cant remember) of Paramedic classes. I'm just really intimidated because so many people get dropped and I don't have that experience that EMTs do going to medic school.

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
I haven't even done my EMT classes yet so I'm clueless on a lot of it lol. The way my class works is: EMT-B first semester, EMT-I second semester, and then 1-1/2 years(cant remember) of Paramedic classes. I'm just really intimidated because so many people get dropped and I don't have that experience that EMTs do going to medic school.

I didnt have any experience going into medic school either. You'll learn plenty in your Basic class that will help you better understand whats going on once you get to the ALS stuff.

Sure, experience would absolutely help you, but i dont think its necessary at all. Some of the brightest people in my program had zero experience when we started out.

Not sure exactly how your program works, but there should be a fair amount of internship/clinical hours to get you more comfortable with emergency medicine.

Sizz

Forum Lieutenant
Down from 5 weeks to 3 weeks until the national practical testing and then another 2 weeks after that until I'm taking the national written... now's when I wish time would fly!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Down from 5 weeks to 3 weeks until the national practical testing and then another 2 weeks after that until I'm taking the national written... now's when I wish time would fly!

Good luck!

I'm about two weeks away from starting my internship :wacko:

Trauma_Junkie

No rest for the wicked...
We finally got to start signing up for clinicals after a 2-month wait period due to miscommunication between the hospitals and the point of contact at our school. My class just got through ACLS. Now we are getting into neurology and pulmonology.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
First year of medic school is a wrap, got my shiny new patch today in the mail.

IMAG0233.jpg

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston