Mass EMT-B Practical Exam

nicole12

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone,
I'm taking my practical exam for the state of MA tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has taken the MA one (not NREMT) and has any tips, advice, or could tell me what to expect. The email I received said there is four stations and the exam will take about 45 minutes, and I can't imagine being able to do a med, trauma, upper and lower splint, cpr and a ked or board in that time! I haven't been able to review with the splints/ked/board since the class ended back in late april so I'm pretty nervous!
Thanks for any tips! :)

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
It'll take way more then 45 minutes in my experience. More like half the day. Review the critical failures. Practical exams are more memorizing skill sheets rather then actual clinical judgment.

feldy

Forum Captain
remember the basics...ABCs, scence safety/bsi...and review special operations and peds that is where most people have issues.

hogdweeb

Forum Crew Member
They told me about i had about 30 a station with partner, so 15 a piece i believe it was. Really not hard.

Go the a local service, explain your plight with KED/splints and boards and your test, get a crash course refresher. Youll be doing it enough to the point you wont forget it when you need it. When i did my class we did practice enough I passed the KED without ever practiceing or doing. observation is all. Not sure how your program was, but its like riding a bike. you forget it, you try it once and it all comes back.