man impaled through groin climbing fence

QSMITH89

Forum Probie
OUCH! I gotta agree with dallasdame that is why they make gates.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
Hopefully he gets charged with criminal trespass -- and probably public intoxication too -- when he gets out of the hospital.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Owwwwwwwww!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Yeah, I've treated a couple.

Running from police, tried to scale and cross wroght iron spiked fences. One took it through the thigh, the other wound up sitting on top with the spike four inches into his perineum. I just did the care after they were discharged. The latter one was in hosp for a month but it missed the major vessels, nerves and the colon, pushed them aside (not really that sharp, nor was the fence).
Had an inmate who would puncture his abdomen with sort of sharp objects. Done slowly and carefully it would maybe put a hole in his omentum, but the bowels and mesenteric vessels moved aside, especially after the third or fourth time he did it. Crazy.:wacko:

emtfarva

Forum Captain
I once was hanging off a wooden fence talking to some people on the other side. Well I slipped off the the rock I was standing on and had my left arm stuck to the top of the one of the pickets. I pulled my arm away and found a 5" piece of fence stuck in my arm. Oww, that hurt. Only got one stitch though.

dallasdame

Forum Ride Along
This story sorta reminds me of the guy who tried running from the police, jumped from a building onto a spiked fence.....fence pierced the base of his skull which remained hanging from the spike while the rest of his body fell to the concrete.
Is it wrong of me to have absolutely NO sympathy for these people? I don't think so.

OP
OP
A

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
This story sorta reminds me of the guy who tried running from the police, jumped from a building onto a spiked fence.....fence pierced the base of his skull which remained hanging from the spike while the rest of his body fell to the concrete.
Is it wrong of me to have absolutely NO sympathy for these people? I don't think so.

i remember that guy. at first i didn't believe it until i saw the pics. crazy stuff.

Sasha

Forum Chief

I think it's wrong, considering you're in EMS. A little bit of compassion toward your fellow human being goes a long way.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
But compassion and sympathy are two different things.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Ouch. Well, he won't be doing that again...

dallasdame

Forum Ride Along
I don't think that being in EMS has anything to do with feeling sorry for an idiot who gets himself killed by breaking the law.

Scout

Para-Noid
my first though brings me back to a lecture we had on the circulatory system. instructor had a pic of a guy with a telegraph pole through his leg compromising circulation.

benkfd

Forum Crew Member
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!

Now that takes intelligence to pull this one off!!!!!:wacko:

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
Now that takes intelligence to pull this one off!!!!!:wacko:
I'm sure glad you didn't say what it looked like you were going to say! :D

BruceD

Forum Lieutenant
Have to admit, I've seen this.

White picket fence, 1 part through a certain part of the male anatomy and another part through the perineum.

Didn't come in for it for several days. (why???!!!)

He also was running from someone and should've used the gate.