Lost for lack of better words

Rightroad

Forum Probie
Rarely come on here anymore due to loss of interest in the field. I was once like most New grad EMT's, anxious to get on the street and working in the profession. I worked in EMS for 2 short years, in which I obtained my Intermediate license here in Texas, worked for 2 privates, and volunteered for a 911 agency. I was excited to learn and was in Paramedic school working full time before my life took an abrupt change. I got injured off duty on two separate occasions, both to which I contribute to not exercising and putting to much strain on my body. It has been 1 year and 4 months since I had to quit school to attend physical Therapy. I am still recovering but exercising 4 days a week... I have a ways to go before I feel healthy again. I am at a crossroad in my life where I don't know what to do. I am taking nursing Pre-Requisites because I know I can get a less physical job as an RN due to my mom and dad both being nurses in the field. My heart has always been on working in EMS but I am unsure if i can ever get back to working in the profession and am unsure of my longevity even if I return. Not being able to accomplish my dream working as a Paramedic has been depressing to say the least. What do you guy's/gal's think?

Angel

Paramedic
it's hard to say since we don't know your injuries however what about your disability or issues with your future disability and or limitations will prohibit you from being a paramedic in the future? I think it will be hard to want to be a nurse if that's not something your heart is in to, but once you get more exposure and get farther in your training you may find that it is something that you really like and could do ems on the side if at all

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Could always do a little bit of both by working as an RN in a busy ED or ICU, and do some volly fire or something similar (A nurse in my ED still does that).

OP
OP
R

Rightroad

Forum Probie
Thank your for the replies. To clarify I have a tendon in my ankle that is free to dislocate (Peroneal subluxation). I also have a bad cause of hyperlordosis. Its not debilitating I just see it being a huge obstacle.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
No brainer.

Be a nurse.

Be a nurse.

Be a nurse.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
If you finished your Paramedic, there are bridge courses to get your RN, but like everyone else go Get your BSN!