Looking for Paramedic Job in Southern California

Rykielz

Forum Lieutenant
I'm finally looking for work as a paramedic. My resumes not too amazing but I have:

1) 3 years EMT-B experience in an emergency setting w/ OC and LA county fire departments.

2) 1 year Reserve Firefighter experience.

3) Paramedic license with no experience as a medic.

4) 30 college units in public administration.

I realize jobs are scarce right now for medics, especially in Southern California. To add some salt in the wound, I have 2 DMV points and a noninjury accident on my record from 2 and a half years ago (they'll all drop off within 3 months of each other). I was wondering if any ambulance company would be willing to take a shot with me. I've really cleaned up my act with driving. Any help or input would be much appreciated!

atropine

Forum Captain
Why don't you part-time with Sierra Madre Fire or La Habra Heights and then network from there.

sdadam

DialedMedics.com
Whooo...

I read this post before I left my house this morning, and now that I stopped laughing I though I would reply.

Just kidding, it's not THAT bad to get a job down here.

AMR San Diego is hiring pretty much every few months, but it's a horrible place to work. Rural Metro won't be hiring in San Diego for at least 6 months (or so I hear ), outside of San Diego I have no idea.

Adam

terrible one

Always wandering
Unfortunetly your record and lack experience will hinder you more than anything. Id look outside of Cali if I were you

alphatrauma

Forum Captain