Looking for 50 +yr. old volunteer EMTs for interview

akicooke

Forum Ride Along
Hello,

I'm doing research for an article on older adults (aged 50+) who volunteer as EMTS. If you are a recent retiree, who worked in an unrelated field, and has started a second career as a volunteer EMT I'd like to interview you. I can be reached at akicooke@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance,
Amy Cooke

Here is the list of interview questions:

1)Why did you want to become a volunteer EMT?
2)What rescue squad/firehouse are you a member of? How long have you been a member?
3)What do you like best about being an EMT? What is the most difficult thing about your job?
4)During the application/training process, was you age ever an issue for those doing the hiring?
5)What are the advantages and disadvantages of being an older adult EMT?
6)What is your level of certification?
7)What advice you give other older adults who are interested in becoming volunteer EMTs?
8)What is the average age of EMT volunteers in your squad?
9)Anything else you'd like to add?

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello,

I'm doing research for an article on older adults (aged 50+) who volunteer as EMTS. If you are a recent retiree, who worked in an unrelated field, and has started a second career as a volunteer EMT I'd like to interview you. I can be reached at akicooke@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance,
Amy Cooke

Here is the list of interview questions:

1)Why did you want to become a volunteer EMT?
2)What rescue squad/firehouse are you a member of? How long have you been a member?
3)What do you like best about being an EMT? What is the most difficult thing about your job?
4)During the application/training process, was you age ever an issue for those doing the hiring?
5)What are the advantages and disadvantages of being an older adult EMT?
6)What is your level of certification?
7)What advice you give other older adults who are interested in becoming volunteer EMTs?
8)What is the average age of EMT volunteers in your squad?
9)Anything else you'd like to add?

What is your intention or motivation for this topic? Why the particulars of being an older volunteer? Just curious...............

OP
OP
A

akicooke

Forum Ride Along
I'm the research assistant for an author who is putting together a book entitled "Rockin' in Retirement: Thirty Cool Things You Can Learn, Accomplish and Enjoy in the Second Half of Life!" Right now I'm doing research for the chapter on getting certified as an EMT. Since the book's focus is people who have already retired from a career, I'm looking for a retired person (aged 50 or older), who after retiring (from an unrelated field) decided to get trained as an EMT (either paid or volunteer, but volunteer seems the most likely scenario), to interview for the book chapter.

The chapter will cover what an EMT does, where they can volunteer, how to go about volunteering and getting certified. And the author likes to do a profile for each chapter, so I need to find someone who fits the bill and, of course, consents to being profiled.

Unfortunately, feeling over 50 does not qualify!

Amy

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I believe all the people who are over 50 at my volunteer corp became EMTs before so. Ill ask around.

StrokedOut

Forum Crew Member
*giggle snort*

Just laughing at the guy banging his head on the wall, sorry. I don't fit the demographics.