Listening To Music While Transporting

Danson

Forum Crew Member
I have heard a few different opinions on listening to music while transporting a non-critical pt (code 2). What do you all think?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If I'm driving I'll listen to it softly (I've never been in a rig that had rear speakers)

reaper

Working Bum
A majority of the Ambulance manufacturers install rear speakers in their boxes. It is not something that is used a lot. But, I have played music for certain Pt's. Some it will help calm them down or keep them occupied!

Needles17

Forum Probie
You would obviously need to choose your channel carefully. People are offended by just about everything. I would hate getting called to OPs for music. Save those trips for more serious situations like T-boning a vehicle.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Screw that. You're not likely to get fired for having the radio on... but pretty likely for t-boning someone.

Needles17

Forum Probie
That is my point exactly...save those office visits for the important stuff, not because some old bag complains about your Ludacris Cd.

Whittier

Forum Probie
I'd be all for music if it was allowed!

armywifeemt

Forum Lieutenant
I have a feeling that careful choice would probably be the key... I think Mozart would be quite relaxing and have very little chance of offending anyone... Grandma might even appreciate how classy it is :p

Needles17

Forum Probie
God I hope I never work with you if you plan on playing mozart...lol...that is for studying at home, on the road.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I've had a few patients ask for the radio to be turned up higher so that they could listen to it. Outside of that, I always listened to the radio if transporting non-emergent.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
We don't have the ability to play music in the back so it is moot. I know my partner leaves the radio on when we transport, but it's not loud enough to hear in the back.

OP
OP
Danson

Danson

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, I'll also listen up front while transporting. We have rear speakers but I'd never use them unless the PT asked.

reaper

Working Bum
I took the OP as asking for use, for Pt's. I would hope no one is listening for their own enjoyment, during a transport!

OP
OP
Danson

Danson

Forum Crew Member
I took the OP as asking for use, for Pt's. I would hope no one is listening for their own enjoyment, during a transport!

This is probably a really stupid question...but what does OP stand for?

JPINFV

Gadfly

Are we talking as the driver or as the attendant? I just realized that my earlier post was vague on that point. As an attendant? Never. As a driver? Always.

This is probably a really stupid question...but what does OP stand for?

Original Post(er).

OP
OP
Danson

Danson

Forum Crew Member
Are we talking as the driver or as the attendant? I just realized that my earlier post was vague on that point. As an attendant? Never. As a driver? Always.

Original Post(er).

haha, I meant as the driver! I would never listen in the back. ^_^

reaper

Working Bum
As a driver, depends!

As an attendant, sometimes.

Some Pt's, it will help keep them calm. Nothing wrong with it. Just let them pick the music.