Just took NY State EMT-B Exam

Mario876

Forum Probie
Just took the NYC state exam on Thursday and other than awaiting my results seen that I felt pretty good that I passed whats next ?

What's my next steps other than waiting for my id in the mail

ERDoc

Forum Asst. Chief
That's not a question that there is an easy answer to. What are you doing right now, other than waiting? What are your goals, short and long term?

Bobbob1354

Forum Probie
Speaking from experience in my state.
Fill out paperwork for license
Background check
Get job
Obtain wealth and claim wenches (haven't achieved yet)

OP
OP
Mario876

Mario876

Forum Probie
That's not a question that there is an easy answer to. What are you doing right now, other than waiting? What are your goals, short and long term?
Not the moment I'm unemployed and as far as goals, my short term goal is obtaining employment from ambulance company (private or city) seen that I have a really good feeling I passed my exam. And my long term goal would be becoming a medic

ERDoc

Forum Asst. Chief
I will let others who are a little closer to the action be the experts but I would imagine that with no experience you are not going to get on with FDNY. You could probably get a job with one of the privates but they won't even look at you until you have your card in hand. I know it is taboo to say it, but join a volley, get some experience in the mean time.

OP
OP
Mario876

Mario876

Forum Probie
How was it material wise? Taking mine next month!
Material wise, it was mostly the same question as we got in class for our practice exams with a few random questions. I took a lot of notes during class and it was very helpful with the exam, so I would advise you to just look over material you got in class because a lot of just same question will be appearing

Sorry I took so long to reply

OP
OP
Mario876

Mario876

Forum Probie
Thanks! Was it particularly heavy on one subject or evenly spread out?
It was quite evenly spread out on a variety of questions. Most of them was repetitive of class questions so remember those basic ones like how much psi fills the Oxygen tank, types of circulations etc. Just go over your material and read the questions carefully be on the look out for certain words like Except, Without, Contraindicated and so on.