Just got my Basic License

allvitals09

Forum Crew Member
Just got my basic license today. Glad i don't have to worry about testing anymore. Now just time to look for a job.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Agreed. I had to take a written and physical test before I got hired on.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
I never had to take a law test before getting a job as a lawyer... But then again, I had more than 120 hours of training.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yea... and would you like to compare your state's bar exam to the NREMT-B exam?

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
The NREMT isn't two or three days long. On the other hand, law students and new lawyers like to talk about which states have harder bar exams (NY, CA, and FL being the leaders). Compared to NY, NJ was a breeze.

imurphy

Forum Captain
When you're looking at companies to work in, I would advise one that has a test. Reason being, at least you know the people working there are good and can still do the job!

Good luck!

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
When you're looking at companies to work in, I would advise one that has a test. Reason being, at least you know the people working there are good and can still do the job!

Good luck!

I know that Cataldo Ambulance in Somerville requires one.

imurphy

Forum Captain
Yep. I know for a fact they do. It's a 4 part test:
Practical, Written, Map reading and finally interview. All on one day. It's grueling but I like to know the people that I work with passed it! If you are planning to work in Cataldo, I have to say they are a good company to work for.

JPINFV

Gadfly
My one problem with the Cataldo exam is that the map books they use for it suck and don't include necessary things like block numbers.

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Is it maps of the service area they are in or what?