Just got a job at PrideSTAR EMS in Lowell MA anyone else work there?

feldy

Forum Captain
Are they a small transfer company? ive heard of them but never actually seen them. Let me know how u like it there.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic

red_head

Forum Probie
I just got a job at PrideStar myself. Maybe you're one of the people I met at either peer interview or orientation.

Either way, if we haven't met.. perhaps we will

imurphy

Forum Captain
Good luck with the new jobs lads. Good to see more MA people on!

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I just got a job at PrideStar myself. Maybe you're one of the people I met at either peer interview or orientation.

Either way, if we haven't met.. perhaps we will

I think I saw you there! Were you the one with red hair?

:) Sorry couldn't resist...

feldy

Forum Captain
i know trinity has primary 911 with Saints medical ALS....i was wondering the same thing though.

red_head

Forum Probie
The company is pretty new. 2006, if I remember correctly.

It's a transfer company, although they competed with Trinity and Patriot for an emergency contract for Dracut/Tyngsboro, so they're clearly trying to move towards some emergency work. Dracut stuck with Patriot. Tyngsboro chose Trinity, so now they have to build them a base and what not since instead of one provider for both towns, they are separating. They chose Trinity right after the whole certification fiasco came out....

Before being offered a job at PrideStar, I applied at Patriot and did not get hired after a second interview. At first, I was really bummed because I really wanted a more emergency orientated job, I know a lot of people that work there, and I was really excited to deal with the 'excitement' of Lawrence, but the more I think about it, I think it was for the best.

I debated applying to Action, since that's where I took my EMT-B class, but the drive to ANY of their bases wouldn't be worth it for me, especially since I spend half of my time in Keene, NH. My partner from class works there, and based on the things she says and my own pros/cons list, even if their starting pay is a bit higher.

Last edited by a moderator: