Jewish EMTLIFERS

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
usaf, I hear ya. Judaism is a rather confusing religion when you get into the details and nitty-gritty of it. Even for those of us who grew up with it we can be confused. There are a lot of books that do what you would like. Anything by the publisher ArtScroll is fantastic. I *strongly* suggest their siddur. It has commentary on everything and makes it as user-friendly as possible.

Might I ask why you are considering conversion to Judaism?

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
usaf, I hear ya. Judaism is a rather confusing religion when you get into the details and nitty-gritty of it. Even for those of us who grew up with it we can be confused. There are a lot of books that do what you would like. Anything by the publisher ArtScroll is fantastic. I *strongly* suggest their siddur. It has commentary on everything and makes it as user-friendly as possible.

Thanks for the advice. I will have to look into that.

Might I ask why you are considering conversion to Judaism?

I'll shoot you a PM. I honestly don't want to get into it all here on the open forum.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I was bar mitzvahed.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Any jewish emts on here? L'shanah tova! I wish all the fellow jews on here a happy new year!

Thanks!

As for who else, well, EMT Dan's served with Magen David Adom... so I guess that says something.
Oy vey!

I am a big Jew. Beard, yarmulkah and all. Lchaim!

Shana tovah! Happy 5772 to all my Hebrew and Shebrews!

One of these days we need to meet.

Ah....I just can't take it that far. I can't keep kosher (except for deli meat but that's more of a safety and quality control issue than a cultural one) and I have a hard enough time keeping all of the holidays and customs straight. Pretty much, I'm in need of a "Complete Idiot Ger's Guide to Judaism" cheat sheet

Judaism 101: http://www.jewfaq.org/index.htm
Apparently written by someone who's parents were in my congregation... yet another example of Jewish Geography
I put the "ish" in Jewish. Shana Tova all.
Nice.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I'm proudly Jewish, hope every Jew has a happy new year and an easy fast this weekend