iPhone on the road

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
Sitting in the jump seat listening to John Denver and texting while the partner runs code up front with the 3rd rider, petty much rocks. This thing makes me feel connected while out here. Anybody else in love with theirs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
Umm yeah...IPhone junkie...problem is I work alone and go into withdrawl.... want to swap places so I can ride shotgun...man I need to get off the medic and back on the bus....

whoa..almost crashed..ok enough while driving (just joking).

I used to use a palm a lot at work with some ok applications but the Iphone med apps are way better.

fiddlesticks

Forum Crew Member
i love my IPhone :) i have a bunch of useless stuff and some good medical stuff to.

OP
OP
H

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
I'll tell you pulling long shifts away from the family it sure helps. Aol IM with my kid helps make it not so bad

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
I'd love it too if it would be available on other networks. Until then I'll stick with Sprint and my windows mobile phone.

EMT007

Forum Lieutenant
Definitely like the Iphone, but the latest firmware update (3.1) SUCKS!!!
If you haven't upgraded yet, please dont. Unexplained shutdowns, losses of connectivity, majorly decreased battery life. The mac forums are filled with people complaining about 3.1

Otherwise, I love it haha - got some cool medical apps

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
After playing with my friends last weekend I'll be first in line when they open for other networks. No matter how neat that phone is, it wont get me back to ATT. <_<

OP
OP
H

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
You know funny enough I've had nothing but good service from At&t since I got it. Reception is great at home where most cell phones don't work at all, unless you go outside and stand on one foot. I can make a call anywhere in my house. And in the Detroit area it's all full bars and 3G with blistering fast download speeds.. I haven't dropped a call or had any connection issues.

I guess I've been lucky with the 3.1 update as well, my phone if anything was a little quicker opening apps etc. I've read some of the problems but for some reason it seems to bother some more than others, I'm just glad I'm in the "others"

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
You know funny enough I've had nothing but good service from At&t since I got it. Reception is great at home where most cell phones don't work at all, unless you go outside and stand on one foot. I can make a call anywhere in my house. And in the Detroit area it's all full bars and 3G with blistering fast download speeds.. I haven't dropped a call or had any connection issues.

I guess I've been lucky with the 3.1 update as well, my phone if anything was a little quicker opening apps etc. I've read some of the problems but for some reason it seems to bother some more than others, I'm just glad I'm in the "others"

I think it depends on your area. When I had ATT in El Paso my calls were dropped all the time. They were fine up here, but their rates are a little over the top for me.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
ATT in California = very good.... with excpetion to the mojave desert!

I love mine too... but i do miss my blackjack II

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
While the iPhone can be unlocked to work on other GSM based networks, it can't be reprogrammed to work on CDMA networks. If Apple built in to the iPhone the capability to do that, their iPhone would probably end up being immensely popular with people on Sprint and other networks that use CDMA instead of GSM.

Worldwide, however, GSM is favored by far...

OP
OP
H

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
The big problem with unlocking the iphone to work on something like Tmobile is you can only get edge speeds out of it. The freqs that At&t use are not the same as tmobile so you can't get 3G, which is stunningly fast. It will work, but it will be neutered pretty badly when it comes to speed.

In the past 5 years I have had just about every cell network. Nextel/Sprint, Verizon, Boost, Tmobile, and now At&t, they are all good and bad depending on the area. You can't even get service in my house with Verizon, or Nextel/Sprint, but Tmobile and At&t work great. But other places I get good service with some I get horrid service with others. It's 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.

Where I live, work and everywhere in between for me At&t has been great.. Their plans are a little higher, however I landed a good discount so it brings it back to normal.

Micro_87

Forum Crew Member
i've played with iphones before...and i love them but i've been with verizon since i can remember...so ill stick with my crackberry until verizon or if they are able to adopt the phone.

Medic

Forum Lieutenant
Do you guys have virgin mobile or voda phone ?

TgerFoxMark

Forum Lieutenant
I would sooner neuter myself than give up my iphone...