I'm Pumped!

swindlman

Forum Crew Member
I just passed the EMT-B final! and now I've just got the NREMT to take care of!

Amack

Forum Crew Member
Congrats! just be careful with the NREMT...depending how your state exam was set-up, the NREMT phrases many scenario based questions and there are very misleading "more than one correct sounding" answers..and the way the CAT (Computer Adaptive Testing) runs, the more questions you get correct, the hard the test becomes...so if you are doing well..it will feel like you are tanking! It threw me for a curve ball whem I took mine!

GOOD LUCK!;)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
and the way the CAT (Computer Adaptive Testing) runs, the more questions you get correct, the hard the test becomes...so if you are doing well..it will feel like you are tanking! It threw me for a curve ball whem I took mine!

Hahaha... I knew I had passed when they gave me a scenario that went something like "Mr. Jones is having chest pain and dyspnea. He tells you that he takes cardiquinazaloproamaicidewhatever daily. What is this drug typically prescribed for?"

Good luck.

Lunah

Forum Crew Member
It's not always the right answer, but it's the BEST answer ... I hate that! LOL. My medic exam was No. 2 pencil and paper, but the RN boards was a CAT test. Ugh. Not fun!

Oh, and edited to add: congrats to the OP! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Like it was said earlier most questions have one most correct answer and 3 kinda correct answers. I don't know if this will help you but i had one professor who told me "you don't have to know all the right answers to pass the NREMT, knowing all the wrong ones will do as well."

traumaqueen63

Forum Probie
cONGRATULATIONS! I just passed my practical and the state CBT. It took me 2 tries! But,I got it. Like everyone else said,there are usually 2 correct answers but pick the BEST one. Good luck - you can do it!