I'm bored...here's a picture of fire dept. hq and training grounds and more

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Tactical Medic said:
Yes you can get the info from the phone book, but how many terrorist have access to your phone book, from a cave in afganastan? I don't think so..... BUT they do have access to computers,

Your right. They don't have access to MY personal phone book. But as you pointed out, they have access to the internet. Which means they have access to YOUR phone number, MY phone number, and pretty much anything address to any public building they want.

www.whitepages.com

www.yellowpages.com

www.google.com

and about a million others will get them that info. Property tax information can be found on the property appraisers WEBSITE. The fire department, police department, crime labs, ect can all be found on the local/county/state websites.

JJ is right. This has nothing to do with the Freedom of Information Act. To get any information by using that act requires WAY to much paperwork.

I can google search just about anybody and the google whitepages will pull them up.

I am just a dumb girl from up north who moved south. I can guarantee you if some half wit terrorist wanted to bomb something, he/she/it could find out all they wanted to by accessing the internet via the computer in their cave in Afghanistan or their shack in the mountains of Montana.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
EMTPrincess said:
internet via the computer in their cave in Afghanistan or their shack in the mountains of Montana.

That's how we can find Osama! Look for the cave with the Direct TV dish on it!!!

*slaps forehead*

:D

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Tac Med, dood.

Take no offence: My opinion is that you don't know what denial is.
And secondly, I don't think you can handle & process this career.

Training has good money.

Regards

Tactical Medic

Forum Crew Member
Rangat said:
Tac Med, dood.

Take no offence: My opinion is that you don't know what denial is.
And secondly, I don't think you can handle & process this career.

Training has good money.

Regards

LOL, you don't know me from a hole in the wall, you don't know how long I have been in the game, and I don't know what denial is? Don't insult my intelligence :wacko: now your making it personal, I don't know anything about you but assume that you care about the people in your area, and that is why your here :rolleyes:

handle and process this career? I have been doing this for over 15 years, so I don't think it is that, BUT maybe it is burn out? Sure I can admit to being a little toasted, I have plenty of patience with work, even my BS calls I can deal with, I mean its all bread and butter ;) BUT I don't have a problem throwing up the BS flag, when a coworker messes up and/or says inappropriate things on the scene.

I value life, I don't pray to the "medic gods" and wish for a "good call" because what you are really wishing for is for someone to get hurt or maimed, a good day for me is a no-hitter and that is because I know that the people in my area of response are OK ;)

Anyway while there are PLENTY of search engines on the computer, most do not give the proper location for training sites, dispatch centers, supply bases and what not. Its usually a "1-800" number or an address to city hall or something, there are ways to protect yourself, anyway got to go, tones going off....

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
I cant help but laugh at this thread now...

Kinda funny how we are supposedly in 'denial' that were gonna die sooner or later.

I went to a hunt test I lit up a smoke, a guy 2 steps over asks me
"You like them cancer sticks? They'll kill ya, you know."

I looked at him and said "Well, if life dont kill me first I guess these will." Needless to say there were a few bursts of laughter from folks that overheard that one.

Try explaining life and death with an EMT thats seen their share of it.... :roll:

My grandparents both died of cancer, my living grandparents both have have cancer, I think its a pretty good chance Im gonna get cancer one way or another, I guess Im just in 'denial' and Im gonna speed up the process by a few years. ;)

OP
OP
JJR512

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Tactical Medic said:
...Look people we got attacked at the WTC in 1993, and we became lasidasical, we all felt invinsable, that no one would dare mess with big ol'USA, well the same freaks did it again in 2001, what makes you think it won't happen again? I'm not paranoid, far from it. Its only a matter a time before it happens again, I'm sure the terrorrist didn't know of your training site till they read this forum
I have two points to make here regarding this quote, they are separate from each other.

1. If terrorists wanted to attack the training academy (why?) of a county fire department, they already know where it is and how to do it. But if they don't already know about the AACOFD Training Academy, I doubt they're going to find out about it just because I posted about it here. Not to say this isn't a great place, but I strongly doubt that terrorists are hanging around EMTLife.com.

2. You have a right to be paranoid. I mean, you have a valid reason to be paranoid. There are valid reasons to be concerned. However, to change the way we as a country do things because of fear would be to give in to terror; that is what terrorists want, that's their very definition. The fact that we as a country keep doing things the way we want to do them shows that we will not give up, we will not surrender. We will maintain our free society with free access to information, terrorists be damned. This is America, land of the free, home of the brave.

Tactical Medic

Forum Crew Member
JJR512, once again I'm not paranoid, I just value life in a different way than others, it will happen again no doubt in my mind, but why help these wackos out? Let them do there own research, LOL. Anyway I don't know what the whole cigerette post was about, if you choose to smoke thats on you, when a terrorist makes you inhale toxins because your working on the scene of terrorist attack (ala WTC) you have no choice....

Debra Reede EMTP had no choice- died of lung CA, due to exposure @ WTC
http://lungdiseases.about.com/od/911wtclungdisease/p/deborah_reeve.htm
Felix Hernandez EMTB had no choice- same thing
http://lungdiseases.about.com/od/911wtclungdisease/p/felix_hernandez.htm
Tim Keller EMTB had no choice- same thing
http://lungdiseases.about.com/od/911wtclungdisease/p/timothy_keller.htm

you people have no idea, you cannot fathom what happened and what is still happening, and may very well happen to you all one day. It is a matter before another attack happens again. Yes this is the home of the brave, but do we have to be arrogant too? Be smart live another day to help another fellow human being.

the whole thing about cigerettes is another issue, and doesn't have anything to do with this discussion, but IMO anyone who doesn't care enough for himself shouldn't be working and saving the public :wacko:

Safe tour-

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
You dont have to worry on that one Tactical, Im unemployed -

but heck a vast majority of good EMTs and Medics I know smoke. Sure it aint 'cool' but :censored::censored::censored::censored: lets not start discriminating on the basis of ones personal habits. (Should I also not drink any alcohol BTW??)

As for the those that died at WTC - I think a vast majority here would say that if they were there they would go help regardless of whether or not we got lung cancer from toxins. The same thing as sacrificing your own life so that others may live.

Tactical Medic

Forum Crew Member
We al knew the possibilities, but in the heat of the moment all that awareness training takes a back seat, we had NO protective equipment at all, and towards the evening when it got cold and things slowed down (hard to believe, huh?) we had a chance to catch some shut eye, imagine 20-30 emts and medics huddling together on 3-4 inches of dust tring to rest, with not even a hepa mask :wacko:

I had to use a cravat filled with 4x4s as a mask, and many more of us didn't even have that :sad:

Anyway you all need to protect yourselves, sure its nice to brag about a new bus, station, dispatch center etc. But it should be a need to know, I read alot of bravado, but when the :censored::censored::censored::censored: hits the fan, it is a whole new ball game.

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay up to date on current trends, that saves lives, most importantly your own ;)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Tac Medic...

I see your point... but we can't live in fear.

Tactical Medic

Forum Crew Member
MedicStudentJon said:
Tac Medic...

I see your point... but we can't live in fear.

Why are you saying it is "fear" (your trying to imply paranoia) LOL you guys crack me up, what I'm saying is to be careful of what you do or say because that can jeopardize your life (or your family and friends lives). Fearlessness is just plain stupid, and although I (as I think all normal human beings) have some kind of fear, I think that I might have it less than some of you all, I mean why would I go to swat medic school, why be a fire fighter, or why do hazmat? For that matter why am did I just re-enlist into the Navy (corpsman) or why did I volunteer for another tour over seas?

Look, just like most of us here I am a type A personality BUT that doesn’t mean I’m going to run into the first fire, hazmat, or shooting without first evaluating the scene (ala scene safety) at the same time I’m not going to volunteer information that might jeopardize the safety of my coworkers and friends. Maybe it is because of my military mindset but I strongly believe that machismo and bravado should be left to people in the big sandbox. If you feel patriotic, fly a flag or send goodies over seas, better yet volunteer and serve your country, if you are proud of your department then wear t-shirts, do MDA drives, sponsor an event, or march in a parade.

Anyway I tire of all this, I feel as that there are always those who talk the talk online, but when its time to mix it up, most will have the tunnel vision and become victims, or will just cower away. Honestly if you haven’t been THERE then you have no reason to comment, I mean if I where to be giving a lecture about scene safety, perimeter control, IEDs, 2nd devices, etc. and you knew my credentials I’m sure you would just listen up, ask smart questions (yes the only stupid question is the one never asked), and file this knowledge away for future reference.

One more thing a smart person learns from his mistakes, a wise person learns from other’s mistakes. I know everyone here is smart (I mean your all prehospital professionals right?), now I ask you; are you wise?

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
*sigh* I think we've beat the horse dead already.

Tactical you can go live however you wish, and we'll go live however we wish and lets just all agree to disagree seeing as this will likely never be resolved.

Tactical Medic

Forum Crew Member
CaptainPanic said:
*sigh* I think we've beat the horse dead already.

Tactical you can go live however you wish, and we'll go live however we wish and lets just all agree to disagree seeing as this will likely never be resolved.

:lol: Sounds good ;)