Forum Ride Along
What's the best way to study for

Preparations

Operations/Special considerations

^^ This part of the test

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
  • There's some testing sites out there that you can search for. Some are free, some have a small fee.
  • As mentioned previously, study and restudy your book(s).
  • Have some of your fellow students who passed quiz you.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
If you're talking about your NREMT I would also suggest you google the term "adaptive testing". Understanding how the test works seemed to help me.

JPINFV

Gadfly
If you're talking about your NREMT I would also suggest you google the term "adaptive testing". Understanding how the test works seemed to help me.

In essence, If the next question is harder, you got the question right. If the next question is easier, you got it wrong.

Personally, I'd love to see what the internal chart looks like as it tries to peg your level of proficiency.

bigbaldguy

In essence, If the next question is harder, you got the question right. If the next question is easier, you got it wrong.

Personally, I'd love to see what the internal chart looks like as it tries to peg your level of proficiency.

Wikipedia has a good article that breaks it down quite well. Once I knew a bit more about how the testing worked it helped relieve some of my anxiety about the test itself. Probably mostly mental but anxiety is anxiety.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I miss NREMT tests. Fast and straight forward, and in stark contrast to the USMLE (322) and COMLEX (400). Yea for 8 hour long exams.

bigbaldguy

I miss NREMT tests. Fast and straight forward, and in stark contrast to the USMLE (322) and COMLEX (400). Yea for 8 hour long exams.

Lol yes I'm sure you grit your teeth a bit when you hear us whining about our "grueling" NREMT basc test ;)

JPINFV

Gadfly
Lol yes I'm sure you grit your teeth a bit when you hear us whining about our "grueling" NREMT basc test ;)
To be fair, I took that test twice (once for recert by exam) and the first time there was a lot of...

cookie-monster-wtf-is-this.jpg

Of course that was in the dark days, before the CAT.

Medic29

Forum Crew Member
Even though I've passed my EMT-B, I still use an app I have on the iPhone for review purposes. Not sure if it's available on another OS but if not and you don't have an iPhone this reply will be useless for you.

The app is called 911 Toolkit. It has 838 questions in about 31 or 32 categories. I can't remember and too lazy to count. But you can go through the quizzes in either All Chapters or a category you're not the strongest and try that way. It tells you if you got the question right or wrong and sometimes it will give you an explanation to the reason why.