Icepacks

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Ok.. Just ran a "dislocated shoulder" - Not anything, refused after EMS arrivial, transported POV

And I have icepack goop on my pant-leg. Brand-new, $75 uniform pants... any suggestions????

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@May 16 2005, 05:54 PM

And I have icepack goop on my pant-leg. Brand-new, $75 uniform pants... any suggestions????
Ummm....don't cut the icepacks? :blink:

I'm curious as to how you got icepack goop on your pants.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Probably hit the pack to hard.

[raises hand] I've done it before.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Probably should just wash it like normal....if it was a disposable pack then it was just water and ammonium nitrate. If it was reusable, the stuff should water soluble and should wash out with normal laundering.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@May 16 2005, 08:15 PM
Probably hit the pack to hard.

[raises hand] I've done it before.
not even. Old icepack. Probably sitting in the bag for the last year or more.

Jon

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Ooooooookay. Was it britle to the touch or something?

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by usafmedic45@May 16 2005, 08:15 PM
Probably should just wash it like normal....if it was a disposable pack then it was just water and ammonium nitrate. If it was reusable, the stuff should water soluble and should wash out with normal laundering.
ammonium nitrate - isn't that what they make bombs out of? Will my pants explode???

j/k :D :lol:

Jon

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
[refuses to reply fearing bannage from this site]

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@May 16 2005, 08:31 PM
[refuses to reply fearing bannage from this site]
c'mon, you can say it... shorthairedpunk is still a member :D

Jon

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I was at a softball game when I had use one. I tried just squeezing the bag to break open the thingy inside. It didn't work so I just punched it and it went everywhere. Looked inside the medical bag this guy had and he didn't have any others. (dumb-arse)

So we had to use ice from someone's drink so he could go to the hospital (POV).

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 16 2005, 08:52 PM
Ice packs have goop?

Was it a reuseable ice pack?
a gel pack that gets cold in the freezer.... strange.... I know...

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG *** WHACKER ALARM ***

OMG! I went to find an ice pack to look at the active ingrediants..

and...anD...aND...AND!

I DON'T HAVE ANY! :eek:

<whacker shock> - faints

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 16 2005, 08:56 PM

and...anD...aND...AND!

<whacker shock> - faints
Gosh!

TTLWHKR, TTLWHKR, are you ok....You...Go call 911 and come back and tell me you did.... 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and "That tickles"....

emtbuff

Forum Captain
MedicStudentJon Posted on May 16 2005, 09:00 PM
QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ May 16 2005, 08:56 PM)

and...anD...aND...AND!

I DON'T HAVE ANY!

<whacker shock> - faints

Gosh!

TTLWHKR, TTLWHKR, are you ok....You...Go call 911 and come back and tell me you did.... 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and "That tickles"....

Okay since I have alot of this stuff lying around I had to go check it out and yes it is ammonia nitrate and water for the disposables. I looked on our home ice pack the not disposable and It really doesn't say what the blue goop is made up of. This is what it says in the note on the bottom. "generally considered nontoxic not inteded for ingestion" Um duh.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 16 2005, 09:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 16 2005, 09:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@May 16 2005, 08:56 PM

and...anD...aND...AND!

<whacker shock> - faints
Gosh!

TTLWHKR, TTLWHKR, are you ok....You...Go call 911 and come back and tell me you did.... 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and "That tickles".... [/b][/quote]
I was able to survive only by quickly opening a -simple- :eek: that's right.. simple! first aid kit and finding a "SMALL" ice pack.

I plan on sending an order tomorrow anyway. I need one more whacker bag to hold my BVM's and airway sh*t.

Only difference between me and elmo was that I'm #1 not red and #2 don't shake and convulse when touched. But I can talk like elmo when I get my voice back.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by emtbuff@May 16 2005, 09:13 PM
MedicStudentJon Posted on May 16 2005, 09:00 PM
  QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ May 16 2005, 08:56 PM)

and...anD...aND...AND!

I DON'T HAVE ANY! 

<whacker shock> - faints 

Gosh!

Okay since I have alot of this stuff lying around I had to go check it out and yes it is ammonia nitrate and water for the disposables. I looked on our home ice pack the not disposable and It really doesn't say what the blue goop is made up of. This is what it says in the note on the bottom. "generally considered nontoxic not inteded for ingestion" Um duh.
I remember blue goop from middle school. We were playing softball, a girl wailed the ball-boy I wish the ball hit me.. But she took off running and threw the bat TOWARD the pitcher. Flew past the pitcher, and I was on 2nd base, turned around waiting for the ball to be thrown to me... WHAP.

The bat hit me on the shoulder and side of the head, knocked me out cold. I woke up on a army pole stretcher with this goop all over my face and shirt. The principal/nurse thought the ice pack was instant (why it was in the freezer then-duh) punched it, and SPLAT. It blew up all over me. But they had one taped to my chin, TAPED to my head and in my hair, and taped to my shoulder.

I actually had a concussion, and was out of school for two weeks.

Before this though, I'd never seen the blue goop. Now I'd never forget the taste of it.

emt/fr

Forum Probie
Had a disposable one leak in my bag, damn thing like welded my zipper on the pocket together, still can't close it at all.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Actually you need Diesel, or another kind of Fuel Oil to make High Yield Explosive, to combine with Ammonia Nitrate.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Luno@May 17 2005, 01:25 AM
Actually you need Diesel, or another kind of Fuel Oil to make High Yield Explosive, to combine with Ammonia Nitrate.
Only you would know this. And care. And have experience....