I just took the NREMT

jesse24b

Forum Crew Member
I just took the NREMT. I'm in Massachusetts and we just switched to the national level. I took the mass practical but our written switched over to the national while I was waiting for my results(which took upwards of 3months). I found the test to be pretty difficult. I studied with the Kaplan guide, emtb.com, jblearning and my book. I still had trouble with some of these questions though. some of the words I've never seen and some of the procedures as well. Did anyone study with anything specific or just what I already mentioned? I won't get my results for a few days but I feel pretty uneasy about the whole thing.

Gastudent

Forum Crew Member
I used JB learning. If I were you I would talk to the NREMT people or you instructor, because it took all of 5 hours for me to get my results for the test, so something doesn't seem right about waiting 3 months.

OP
OP
J

jesse24b

Forum Crew Member
For my practical it took three months for the results "they were switching over from state to national standards" so that's why. I just took the written and my print out paper said it would take a few days to get my results. I did the jb learning mini tests and I got 80s on them.

Fleury14

Forum Crew Member
I just left the NREMT test in Boston myself. Seemed pretty easy stopped in the 70s after about 20 minutes. Where did you take your class?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

jesse24b

Forum Crew Member
I took my class at QCC in Worcester. I received an A too. The majority of my class is taking the exam this upcoming week. I know of one person who has failed and none that passed. Maybe its just my nerves? I got to question 116.

OP
OP
J

jesse24b

Forum Crew Member
I checked the NREMT website and under the "my certifications" tab in the upper left hand corner is says "Level:EMT" , asking em to manage my education and its telling me my reg number? Does this mean I passed? seems like it updated a little too quick?

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I checked the NREMT website and under the "my certifications" tab in the upper left hand corner is says "Level:EMT" , asking em to manage my education and its telling me my reg number? Does this mean I passed? seems like it updated a little too quick?

congrats, you passed

OP
OP
J

jesse24b

Forum Crew Member
wow that was fast. will the letter they send me tell me how I can actually get my "license" to be an emt in mass?

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
wow that was fast. will the letter they send me tell me how I can actually get my "license" to be an emt in mass?

once you get your NREMT cert you sent it into OEMS with an application if you haven't already sent one in.

Antioch

Forum Ride Along
3 months

3 months? Post-testing? Woah, I did not realize getting the NREMT took that long. Is that normal across other states?

OP
OP
J

jesse24b

Forum Crew Member
I think it was just massachusetts. we went from state to national they probably were "backed up" or some excuse. I'm still waiting on my MA license so i can finally work.

Fleury14

Forum Crew Member
I think it was just massachusetts. we went from state to national they probably were "backed up" or some excuse. I'm still waiting on my MA license so i can finally work.

Have you gotten anything from the state yet? I sent in my $150 two weeks ago.