I didn't know uniforms were so expensive!

OP
OP
A

Anto

Forum Probie
UPDATE:

I found out we only get two shirts/two pants initially. After new hire orientation, we get two more shirts and another pair of pants, plus a sweater. That's about $400 more in gear, so it explains the price gap. Also, they just switched to nomex uniforms this year.

Jesterbomb

Forum Ride Along
Wow. I just bought two uniforms (Two short sleeved shirts and two paints, both shirt and pants with 3M reflective striping) from Derks, for my EMT-A Student practicums.

130 bucks for each uniform, alterations and patches sewn on included.

I felt like I was getting ripped off. Until I read this post. Thanks guys!

ceej

Forum Crew Member
Hmm...I work for RM and the uniforms are not that expensive.

$45 for the sweatshirt, $15 for the polos, $9 for the Tshirts and $35 for the tech pants.

All really high quality reflective stuff, too. Get two sets of everything when you get hired. Then again this is R/M south, not out west.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Hmmmm, machine washing nomex causes it to loose it's flame retardant properties pretty quickly.... just saying

It still won't melt like polyester or some other crap uniforms are being made of these days.

To the OP, good for you working for a company that provides you with the best in PPE.
Too bad ALL of our uniforms aren't made of a non flammable/limited flammable material.

Scout

Para-Noid
BLSboy cost benifit anaysis....

How often do you do anywhere that is hot enought to burn. If its frequent, use an overalls or turnout gear. Chances are in that situation you need to look at high vis stuff too.