Hurricane Sandy

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
FEMA just put a call into my county manager and requested 100 more ambulances to deploy immediately to NJ.

No! Hold off till friday! Lol I wanna go!

Anjel

Forum Angel

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
FEMA just put a call into my county manager and requested 100 more ambulances to deploy immediately to NJ.

Maybe I will get a chance to go then.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Probably not. It takes a long time to get your paperwork cleared.

I thought you meant 100 more from riverside :p , I was thinking if they don't have enough DRT members they'd send us normal folk :rofl:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I thought you meant 100 more from riverside :p , I was thinking if they don't have enough DRT members they'd send us normal folk :rofl:

Yea, that's DRT wide. And actually if they need a hundred more trucks, I still probably will go. It'll take a while to mobilize that many more crews

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I was on standby for a few hours this afternoon, then they cancelled us.
It's the 3rd or 4th time thus far my division has put people and standby and then pulled the plug.

Jon

Anjel

Forum Angel
Ya we were cancelled :-(

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
I think maybe you have to watch it. He comes off like a total jerk who doesn't give a rats arse. I watched one of them at work with a co-worker who is a die hard conservative (not republican, conservative) and even he said it was pretty harsh (and he likes Chris Christie).

And I think thats a typical Jersey attitude. Hewas also the one who told people to "get the hell off the beach" during Irene. It's just a mentality of our state

My swift water crew still pulled dozens out, but they get an ear full

Joe

Forum Captain
They just mobilized la county amr unity. We sent 12 i think? With a second wave on standby

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Seems like most of the units are needed in the NY area. The FOB in NJ is being relocated to Brooklyn, NY.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Saw ABC news article about evacuatig a NY hospital and responder with back to camera had dark tshirt reading "NorCal Strike Team".

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
My car was blocked in on either end of my street by fallen trees and power lines.

Couldn't make it to work obviously.

Boss tells me "That's not our fault you shouldn't have parked near trees."

Where did she expect me to park? The expressway?

Achilles

Forum Moron
My car was blocked in on either end of my street by fallen trees and power lines.

Boss tells me "That's not our fault you shouldn't have parked near trees."

Where did she expect me to park? The expressway?
:rofl:
Your alive! :cool:

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
:rofl:
Your alive! :cool:

Neighborhood is trashed.

Thankfully I don't live near the water. Volunteer fire and FDNY both list ambulances and fire vehicles to the flood.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

You have a jeep just drive over them