Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 20 to 50

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • 50 to 100

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

eynonqrs

Forum Lieutenant
Just curious to see how many units your service runs.

My paid service:

18 Transport Units 2-QRS ALS [1 QRS doubles as a rehab unit] 1 Transport unit is also a baratric unit. We also have 1 MCI trailer. We also run 15 wheelchair vans.

My Volunteer service:

2 BLS Units, 1 Rescue Unit, 1 QRS unit. 1 ATV w/trailer for wilderness rescue. 1 Trench Collapse Trailer with lumber cache.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I work for a small FD - only 4 stations. We run one ambulance out of 3 or the stations, plus various fire apparatus. The fourth station is a single engine house.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
We run 3.5 units. The half unit has no wheels on the left side.

What if your involved with more than 1 service?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
My ambulance runs 2 BLS or ILS trucks. (Depends on who is on call)

My FD runs 5 engines, 5 brush trucks, 5 tenders and 1 light, air and support unit out of 5 stations. Plus the chiefs rig and a few extra brush trucks scattered throughout the district.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
The Auckland district has around 60 trucks spread throughout the greater metro area (around 19 stations)

Each has either a Technician and Paramedic, two Paramedics or a Paramedic and Intensive Care Paramedic. We do not have double Intensive Care trucks.

In addition to these there are also five to six roving Intensive Care rapid responders.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Private department I work for maintains 65 ambulances total, over 3 large garages, and 2 more satellite garages. At a given time, we have 38 or 40 trucks on the road, in different forms. Included in there somewhere is an ALS field supervisor, a NICU truck, a PICU truck, 6-8 ALS trucks in different forms (PB or double-medic), and a whole bunch of BLS.

41 Duck

Forum Lieutenant
One. And a backup.

Later!

--Coop

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Our service covers the whole province. Today there were 125 ambulances on, 3 Patient Transport Units (PTU), and 5 Supervisor vehicles. Tonight that will drop down to about 85 units , no PTUs and a supervisor per region. Not all supervisors get a unit.
At the base I work out of we have 3 amb. on 24/7, and 1 amb. Mon-Sat 8hrs/day. Rumor has it that we will be getting another "Day" unit in a couple of months. Probably 12hrs/day 7 days a week. We're guessing it is going to run 11 am - 11 pm.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
The Region I work in (Pop. 1.1 million mixed urban, suburban and rural) staffs:
- 24, 24x7 Ambulances
- 3, 24x7 Swing Shift Ambulances (Float staff used to fill shift vacancies, staffed if those Paramedics not needed for fill in)
- 7, 12x7 Peak Coverage Ambulances
- 4, 12x7 Response Units
- 2, 24x7 Special Response Unit (Tactical, Bariatric, Hazmat, Rescue support, etc)
- 3, 24x7 District Superintendents in single response vehicles
- 1 Major Incident Trailer
- 1 Rehab and Decon Trailer
- 1 Emergency Support Unit (Large truck w/ supplies)
- 3 Logistics Support Units (used by logistics division during the day for restocks and general facility and vehicle work)
- 4 Subdued markings Chief vehicles
- 3 generic Admin vehicles (no equipment)
- 2 retired Ambulances assigned to Driver Training duties
- 1 Gator offroad Ambulance w/trailer
- 1 SRU Paramedic assigned to Police Marine Unit (Summer)
- 1 SRU Paramedic assigned to Police ice water / snow mobile unit (Winter)

Can't recall how many spare vehicles (Ambulance and Response Unit) we have at HQ these days. A dozen or so I think.

We're deployed out of 19 stations throughout the region, divided into three districts. Service is currently ~ 40% ACP staff w/ more being trained each year.

Given population and service demand growth in the region the following enhancements are planned for the next five years:
- 6 new stations (minimum 6 new 24x7 trucks)
- 5 station replacements/renovations
- Multi-patient bus. It will be equipped to carry 10 stretcher patients and 10 ambulatory.
- New 65000 sq ft. HQ/Operations Centre currently being constructed (will also serve as the base of operations for the SRU)

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
400-odd. ^_^

Couple of hundred fly cars and dozens of assorted support vehicles.

Yeah but you guys also have those really cool ALS (Intensive Care) motorbikes like the one that came to that cardiac arrest I was at in Bayswater ....

trevor1189

Forum Captain
2 Nearly Identical BLS Ambulances. Also all of our trucks can run as a QRS unit.

LondonMedic

Forum Captain
Yeah but you guys also have those really cool ALS (Intensive Care) motorbikes like the one that came to that cardiac arrest I was at in Bayswater ....
The Motorcycle Response Unit are by-and-large top blokes, many of them are ex- (or future) air ambulance crew, they're really good to work with.

(I dunno what you mean by 'intensive care', unlike the other rapid response assets the MRU are all paramedics (last I looked) but over here we don't generally differentiate ALS, BLS and CCT like you guys do.)

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
8 ambulances. 1 extrication. 3 engines. 1 ladder. 1 trailor. 2 golf carts. 5 general response vehicles. 1 command vehicle.

3 stations. Population served: approx. 25,000-27,000. Land: approx. 15 sq mi.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
The Motorcycle Response Unit are by-and-large top blokes, many of them are ex- (or future) air ambulance crew, they're really good to work with.

(I dunno what you mean by 'intensive care', unlike the other rapid response assets the MRU are all paramedics (last I looked) but over here we don't generally differentiate ALS, BLS and CCT like you guys do.)

In this part of the world the name for ALS Paramedic is "Intensive Care Paramedic" or mobile intensive care officer