How many Shootings have ...

firemedic0227

Forum Lieutenant
happened in your communities since the first of the year? Omaha Nebraska has had 20 since Jan. 1st. I know there are some bigger cities like Detroit have a bad gang violence problem, but Omaha is a small city compared to places like Detroit. While doing my Paramedic Ride time I heard many shooting calls but only ever responded to one. It's becoming a daily happening in North Omaha. Just curious to see what your cities gun violence is like.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
WHAT!? Dang. Used to live in Benson neighborhood.
Where I am (suburb of Sacramento, population 140k)---zero. But when they happen, they happen in clusters in Sacto due to gang affiliations.

OP
OP
F

firemedic0227

Forum Lieutenant
WHAT!? Dang. Used to live in Benson neighborhood.
Where I am (suburb of Sacramento, population 140k)---zero. But when they happen, they happen in clusters in Sacto due to gang affiliations.

I did all of my Ride Time in the Benson area at station 24 just off of 45th and Lake. Most of the shooting so far have been farther north and east of there. Benson is a good area in North Omaha for the most part. There were 4 shooting just today one of which was a CPR in progress shot to the head.

OP
OP
F

firemedic0227

Forum Lieutenant
New Orleans is a pretty big city compared to Omaha, Omaha is really bad probably worse than most cities the comparable to size.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
2 shootings in Boston in the first week of the year and 262 shootings in total last year, 50 of which were fatal.

medic417

The Truth Provider
A nearby city averages 8 murders a day.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I made a double shooting on new years eve (post midnight). Don't know exactly how many we've had, but it's definitely more than 20

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
In myu town no one getting shot. The only shots that were firexd were people shootinng their rifles in the air on new years.

feldy

Forum Captain
while i did not work nye...our service requires us to wear ballistic helmets for that reason

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
Im not sure what Dallas is up to specifically, but if you count the DFW metroplex, we have had a rash of shootings.

OP
OP
F

firemedic0227

Forum Lieutenant
To me it sounds like Omaha 600,000 people has a lot of the same problems as many big cities with a million people or more has ... NOT GOOD!

epipusher

Forum Asst. Chief
2007 was the last year I kept statistics just for my shift on my truck. I am one of four shifts on one of 30+ ambulances(40+ now) and I transported 34 gsw's and 7 stabbings. I responded to and treated a lot more.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
happened in your communities since the first of the year? Omaha Nebraska has had 20 since Jan. 1st. I know there are some bigger cities like Detroit have a bad gang violence problem, but Omaha is a small city compared to places like Detroit. While doing my Paramedic Ride time I heard many shooting calls but only ever responded to one. It's becoming a daily happening in North Omaha. Just curious to see what your cities gun violence is like.

That is a lot for Omaha

OP
OP
F

firemedic0227

Forum Lieutenant
Its really bad in Omaha and NO one is willing to talk because of course its all Gang Related. People are asking for Military Help ...

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Its really bad in Omaha and NO one is willing to talk because of course its all Gang Related. People are asking for Military Help ...

Military help? Not even the border is getting troops.

Why aren't the citizens calling for a more robust LOCAL Police Force instead of asking the Gov. to come crack down?

Anjel

Forum Angel
Detroit gets such a bad rap. It's Flint that is the murder capital.

There are too many shootings to count. They don't make the news anymore, because they really aren't "new".

OP
OP
F

firemedic0227

Forum Lieutenant
Correction there have been 12 shootings in 10 days in North Omaha. Most of Omaha Police Force is in that area of the city but still can't get anyone to talk about the shootings. Every drive by is a "dark colored car with 4 wheels and doors with someone driving it and maybe a passenger."

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Correction there have been 12 shootings in 10 days in North Omaha. Most of Omaha Police Force is in that area of the city but still can't get anyone to talk about the shootings. Every drive by is a "dark colored car with 4 wheels and doors with someone driving it and maybe a passenger."

I don't see the military getting any different results than the Police

Cap cap!