how do i take my national test?

mercofroc

Forum Ride Along
this isnt about what to study or anything

and it may seem kinda like a dumb question, but how do i get about to setting up my national test after i'm done with my EMT-B test?

im from chicago, and im not too sure if im supposed to go through the NREMT site (my class isnt in their list so i cant get it approved), or if i am supposed to just walk in to a testing site.

if i were to just walk in, how would i find out what the testing dates are?

:wacko: yeeaaahh...help please? thanks!

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
this isnt about what to study or anything

and it may seem kinda like a dumb question, but how do i get about to setting up my national test after i'm done with my EMT-B test?

im from chicago, and im not too sure if im supposed to go through the NREMT site (my class isnt in their list so i cant get it approved), or if i am supposed to just walk in to a testing site.

if i were to just walk in, how would i find out what the testing dates are?

:wacko: yeeaaahh...help please? thanks!

Your program director has to be in contact with the NREMT to verify that your program meets their educational requirements for training and that you have completed their course.

Your test date all depends on the day you schedule it. Once you have been approved to test (Received your ATT, aka Authorization to Test), you will be directed to the website of Pearson Vue, where you will then schedule your NREMT testing date for both the practicals section (which your program, if they are in an NREMT state, should've already don efor you) and your CBT.

Mrs. G

Forum Probie
It's not the place where you went to school at for the classes but the region that qualified the school to teach you is what you have to find in the NREMT.

For instance I studied at Malcolm X college and on the NREMT Malcolm X is not on the list it's Illinois Masonic Hospital that I had to pick.

I attached as well the instructions for the NREMT steps to set up the date but you have to pay the $70 fee as well and make sure what ever school you attended you need tofind who was the region that qualified the school.

Which your instructor would have all that information. You will need to contact back to the instructor and that would help.

Attachments

• NREMT_20EMSStudent_209.23instructions.pdf
    130.6 KB · Views: 171
  • NREMT_Appt.pdf
    188.6 KB · Views: 200