How did you get into EMS?

Medic's Wife

Forum Crew Member
Just curious- how did your career get started? Was it just something where one thing lead to another, or is it something you've always wanted? What do you enjoy so much about it?

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
got lost on the way to college

firecoins

IFT Puppet

oldschoolmedic

Forum Lieutenant
I got myself kicked out of college and met this nice man standing on a sidewalk in front of the Navy recruiting office. He offered me a chance to redeem myself. I took it. Nineteen years later I am still doing it. Sal wherever you wound up, thanks.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I got myself kicked out of college and met this nice man standing on a sidewalk in front of the Navy recruiting office. He offered me a chance to redeem myself. I took it. Nineteen years later I am still doing it. Sal wherever you wound up, thanks.

I still haven't found the ocean yet.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
freeriding, season's pass

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
TV. Then 9/11. Then money.

emt4life

Forum Crew Member
I got into it half-way through college by taking a first responder course, had so much fun that I decided to take the EMTB course and it snowballed from there. I finished college and then went on to Paramedic school. I don't regret it one bit!!

Recycled Words

Forum Crew Member
I've always wanted to do it. I remember having a counter on my desktop....

1 year, 3 months, 2 days, 7 hours, 19 seconds until I can join the ambulance corps

Then it hit zero. And I screamed...really loudly...and brought in my application

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

AndiBugg

Forum Crew Member
Wow, mine kinda just happened. I was originally going to school to be an RN, and I wanted to work in the ER, so I took the EMT-B class for experience, I figured it would only help, and possibly help me to relate to the EMTs and Medics that brought the pts. in, and our instructor required us to do ride time, and when I did, I fell in love with it. To keep my parents happy (thier paying the tuition) I'm staying in my nursing classes, but I decided to double major in both Paramedic Science (I start in the fall of 07) and Nursing

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Good ole Johnny and Roy, what can I say but....KMG365!!!^_^

Alexakat

Forum Lieutenant
Got my bachelor's degree & started working in hospital adminstration. It's oh-so-boring & I decided I needed something to help me break up the boredom on the weekends. I'm a vollie with a 911 agency & am lucky to run in an area that gets a lot of calls. We have great supervisors & ALS providers who are committed to teaching & mentoring.

I love it & wish I could make a career out of it...maybe someday...

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
I got into EMS work when I became an explorer with the local medical explorer post,and I have enjoyed it ever since.