How did it go today?

CBentz12

Forum Crew Member
Ok so on another forum I frequently visit there is a similar thread and it gets a lot of attention and praise. So why not start one on here just to get more people on everyday to talk about things other then EMS or discuss EMS related issues.

Ill start it off. Well I got work today from 2p-10p in the slowest zone in my area which sucks because this is going to be another long shift.

Joe

Forum Captain
haha kinda like the directionless thread but this has a direction.
theres only one thing i hate more than a 12 hr shift and thats an 8 hr shift. 24's have ruined me haha. i hate being slow at work. i go back sunday 0730-0730. i usually like working sundays but with the weekend being longer it will just mean more jacka**ery. and my normal partner took another job so its a different one every shift. so far no complaints tho.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well, my day is just starting, and so far...I am bored.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Grocery shopping, sat around with my dogs and cats out back eating lunch (PB and apple butter with cold coffee) and watching clouds go by while hummingbirds were (still are) deciding whose feeder it is , anyway.
Oh, and reorganizing my cupboards and closets because our newly baccalaureated caught is coming home for a while.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
My day is just ending. It sucked. I feel very misunderstood like usual.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well it's about 1pm here and 62 degrees. It's my day off so I am freezing in my house eating (drinking?) soup haha.

MedicBender

Forum Captain
Visited my grandparents who were just moved into assisted living. They're having a bit of trouble adjusting, but they know it's for the best.

Now I've got a 3 hour drive home before my 36hr shift starts. Ugh.

OP
OP
C

CBentz12

Forum Crew Member
Its always rough for people to adjust to the ALF life, I know it was for my great grandparents.

Well my PTs keep refusing to go with me so my shift is going pretty well for now of course

TatuICU

Forum Lieutenant
Little different but I'll go anyway. Crappy day, had a 1 to 1 status post CABGx3 on a IABP as soon as I got work that wanted to crash. 14 blood products later and we're stabilized, ready to wean. Then the nurse in the pod next to me had some sort of family emergency and basically wrote report down on a sheet of paper and took off. Turns out one of her patients is extremely encephalopathic and like to try to get out of bed (status post craniotomy). So I got to basically wrestle with both of those all night long, then was asked to respond to a code blue 3 floors above me. 24 patients, 5 nurses in an ICU where the national standard of care is 2:1. 24/5 does not equal 2. Nightmare. Ready to quit and go back to the truck full time. Just can't afford it.

OP
OP
C

CBentz12

Forum Crew Member
Damn that's rough dude and I heard horror stories about working ICU but not like that. Hopefully something else opens up in your hospital so you can change departments.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Anything to avoid packing

I hate moving!!!!

But I'm knocked out by the why and where of it all. Today, I live in a rain forest. Next week I'll be living in a desert. And the amazing thing is, it's a twenty minute drive to get there from here!

but wait, there's more posts to review...

TatuICU

Forum Lieutenant
Damn that's rough dude and I heard horror stories about working ICU but not like that. Hopefully something else opens up in your hospital so you can change departments.

Can't, I'm CCRN certified which means they won't even let me float, let alone change departments. Stuck til I find a different ICU to work at.

Anjel

Forum Angel
It was ok.

Had a pt who was septic after AAA surgery, and when we got there his wife was having a MI.

The guy had a hx of 6 coronary artery aneurisms(sp?).,

Then had a pt who fell that kept trting to punch me in the belly. Lol she was 84.

Then BBQd at the station. So all in all its a good day. Now I have to go sit at home alone. Because my fiance is up north.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We ran 1 call in 12 hours. Boring as hell.

Now I'm sitting on my *** drinking a Sierra Nevada contemplating what I want to do tonight. Bed is the logical choice but that doesn't sound fun at all.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Hung out with the kids, working the back half tonight, nothing so far.

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
Just got home from my cousin's birthday party in Huntington Beach. Spent the day shooting nerf darts at all the kids.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
New night, starting off better. I still hope we don't get any calls, I need a break.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Sierra Nevada Summerfest.

Not too shabby.

Joe

Forum Captain
Back at work! Finally! I dont know what to do on my 4 days off. But here till 0730 and gonna get 7 hrs of holiday pay