HOW are you fellow Washingtonians getting agency affiliation?

griffithsgriffin

Forum Crew Member
I have had my NREMT cert for awhile now. Really want to get my state cert in Washington, but all of the ambulances that are hiring want State cert. Next to no volunteer opportunities either. I know this can't be AS difficult has it has been for me, so any tips from fellow Washingtonians would mean alot. I am willing to relocate in the state for a job.

leoemt

Forum Captain
I got my affiliation with Cascade Ambulance in Ferndale (see my reply on your question on them as well).

You do not need your state cert to be hired. Once hired, the ambulance company will submit paperwork to Olympia to get your state Cert. When I was hired by AMR I was in a class of 12 new hires. Only 3 of us had our Certs already.

Cascade won't put you to work until you get your cert in hand. AMR will send you thru their new hire academy and FTO even if you don't have your Cert. If you complete your FTO before you get your cert then you can either ride as an observer or work in the office.

I don't know what the other companies do as far as working you before you get your cert. Start applying.